Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slammed by Plusnet??

FIXED
vikkiandkevin
Hooked

Slammed by Plusnet??

EDIT: Just wanted to preface this post with the statement that I'm extremely happy with how Plusnet reacted to this issue.

Hi All,

In a bit of a mess with broadband and don't really know how it was allowed to happen or why it's so hard to fix.

Both BT and Plusnet are at fault I think? here is a summary...

1) Was customer with BT, was told I was able to leave due to price hike so shopped around.

2) Found a good Plusnet deal so rang BT to tell them I was planning on leaving - and give them a chance to make me stay...

3) BT rep said "thats fine, just sign up with plusnet and they will take care of the switch - give us a ring when it done and we will make sure you are not charged an early disconnection fee" I thought this was a bit odd but well within their rights if they dont want me to stay.

4)Signed up with Plusnet and rang BT like I was told too. This time I got the reaction I expected "Valued customer, blah blah blah" and they undercut the plusnet deal so I decided to stay. BT connected me directly to plusnet to cancel my order with plusnet.

5) Instructed Plusnet rep to cancel my order and gave the reason. He seemed fine, cancelled direct debit, cancelled router delivery and returned set up charge - sweet. I even apologised for messing plusnet around.

6)You can guess what happened next - BT broadband cut off 2 weeks later - txt from plusnet saying "your new phone line is ready to use" - Great.

Current situation is that I have no broadband at all and according to BT the only way I can switch back to BT is by being set up as a new customer - I process that will apparently take 2 weeks. Do you think there is any hope trying to get Plusnet to get me up and running with a service in the interim?

It seems odd that their system has allowed them to take control of the line without then providing me any kind of service?

12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slammed by Plusnet??

Hi there, 

Apologies for what's happened, it's obvious that the right steps to cancel the orders to bring your line over weren't taken so I'm going to make sure some feedback is passed on about that. 

I can see you've been in touch with us already today as per what's on ticket 181162852 but please do let me know if there's anything else we can do for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
vikkiandkevin
Hooked

Thanks for the reply. In your opinion do you think that there is any scope for plusnet to supply an interim service until BT can take back the line?

Sounds like an easy enough error to make your end but it's frustrating paying for spoify, nowtv, amazon and netflix without being able to use any of them - going to be close to using up all our mobile data this month too.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @vikkiandkevin

While I fully understand the frustration, we wouldn't be able to provide a service for you while you wait for the re-connection with BT. If BT re-activate your line, you could potentially connect using their router and details if the physical line is connected with us. If the line has already been ceased and a new order raised then unfortunately we can't provide service as we would need to play an order ourselves.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@vikkiandkevin   You have got into a mess but it is mostly of your own making, you shouldn't have told BT you were leaving  (point 2 in your opening post). Migration is now a gaining supplier led process so you should have just ordered the service from PlusNet. BT saying "give us a ring when its done" means call them after the service has transferred to PlusNet, however you were persuaded to stay with BT before the order completed and attempted to cancel the PlusNet order, I guess that something went wrong there but you were totally screwing up the normal migration process so I'm not surprised.

Now you expect PlusNet to connect you until your BT service is restored, I think I can understand why PlusNet would not be happy to do that even if it was possible, as for PlusNet slamming your line, I don't think so, I think you've slammed yourself.Smiley

vikkiandkevin
Hooked

Multiple Plusnet reps have apologised for the mistake so there does seem to be agreement by them that they are partly to blame.
Thanks for your input though... very helpful.
dieselglider
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I assumed from point 1 that @vikkiandkevin were still in contract with BT, and so would have to tell BT they were leaving, so as to not incur early termination costs.  I was in same position with BT, and you have to ring them and explain you're using the exit-without-charge option because of the price rise.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

I'm really sorry to see the order we placed with our suppliers wasn't cancelled when you asked us to cancel your account/your order with us.

Digging into this from what I can see we're still providing the line so I've reactivated your account until your provider takes it back.

You should be able to configure your BT Homehub using the details found Here to connect to the internet using the service we're currently providing.

Apologies for the inconvenience we've caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vikkiandkevin
Hooked

That would be absolutely ideal!

I already looked into reconfiguring the router previously but it obviously wasn't going to work if the line wasn't activated.

Even if it doesn't end up working thanks for at least trying to help. It's this kind of support that gives you a good reputation.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all.

The line was active from when the transfer completed but your account was closed on our side so any authentication attempts would've been rejected.

Having reactivated your account you should be able to connect once you've reconfigured your router.

I've also discounted your account to cover the time we're still providing the service so an invoice won't be generated.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vikkiandkevin
Hooked

It seems we're back up and running!

Thanks so much for your help, sounds as though plusnet were far from the only ones to blame for the issue but you guys were the only ones in a position to help - which you have done even though i'm not technically your customer.

Definitely leaves me with a good impression of the company, which might come in useful sooner than you think as BT seem to be dragging their heals now with the - to quote the last BT rep - "unusually generous" deal I was offered to stay....

Thanks again - much appreciated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It seems we're back up and running!

Glad to hear that! Thumbs_Up

Thanks so much for your help, sounds as though plusnet were far from the only ones to blame for the issue but you guys were the only ones in a position to help - which you have done even though i'm not technically your customer.

No problems at all. To be honest (As always) the buck lay squarely with us here as we should've cancelled your order when we cancelled your account. I believe Adam's passed feedback on about that.

Definitely leaves me with a good impression of the company, which might come in useful sooner than you think as BT seem to be dragging their heals now with the - to quote the last BT rep - "unusually generous" deal I was offered to stay....

Thanks for considering us as your service provider and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be back when your new contract with BT ends. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet