Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky disconnected, plusnet no line after changeover

FIXED
Smeagal
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Sky disconnected, plusnet no line after changeover

Well if you think things just cannot get worse.

Yesterday was the big switchover from sky to plusnet, was given a new number ending in 2391 which for me not a problem, despite the plusnet member centre quoting 5035 against order, making you think the old sky number was being transferred.

As expected line went dead just after 12pm, then a text received from openreach engineer, saying could I plug in router (not received) as they had just connected me to fibre, since then there has been no dialtone or 50v dc to the master socket from exchange, looks like someone forgot to move/install a jumper wire ?

Being a retired BT engineer, I have always heard good things about the Hull telephone company which became plusnet, please don't  disappoint me.

6 REPLIES 6
Smeagal
Hooked

Re: Sky disconnected, plusnet no line after changeover

Update, connected a bt smarthub 6, seems to be getting internet fine, so its just the line side not connected for the phone.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear there are problems with the switchover.

Yesterday was the big switchover from sky to plusnet, was given a new number ending in 2391 which for me not a problem, despite the plusnet member centre quoting 5035 against order, making you think the old sky number was being transferred.

It looks like our system was unable to retain your number, so it put it through with a new one instead. Apologies for the confusion regarding your number not being updated in your member centre. We'd update it upon order completion.

As expected line went dead just after 12pm, then a text received from openreach engineer, saying could I plug in router (not received) as they had just connected me to fibre, since then there has been no dialtone or 50v dc to the master socket from exchange, looks like someone forgot to move/install a jumper wire ?

From what I can see both your phone and fibre orders are delayed in our suppliers systems. I've contacted the Openreach service centre about this and I've been advised that they've tried to contact their engineers by phone for an update with no success, so they've sent an email to the manager of that team and we should hear back by Tuesday.

Update, connected a bt smarthub 6, seems to be getting internet fine, so its just the line side not connected for the phone.

That's odd that you're able to connect as your account on our side hasn't activated yet due to the order not being complete. With regards to your phone line it's likely that it'll be fixed before the order is completed.

We'll update you via this ticket when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Smeagal
Hooked

Thanks for a heads up on what's happening.

Regards

Ray
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Ray.

Feel free to post back if you need any more information next week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Smeagal
Hooked

Fix

Amazingly phone has been switched on this morning, someones on overtime lol.

Thanks to the staff for looking into this problem.

Regards

Ray

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to see someone's looking out for you out there on a Sunday.

From what I can see your fibre order has also completed too.

Let us know if you have any issues.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet