Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky LLU to Plusnet ADSL switching query

FIXED
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Sky LLU to Plusnet ADSL switching query

hi, a relative currently has Sky ADSL LLU and has signed up to Plusnet phone and ADSL broadband over the weekend.

They received a message to say Home Phone will transfer to Plusnet on the 19th, but slightly concerned the standard wording of the message hints broadband migration is done separately...

Are both phone and ADSL broadband switching expected to be completed on the same day when migrating from an LLU provider, or could they be totally different days, which could mean no broadband for upto several days?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Sky LLU to Plusnet ADSL switching query

If you can PM me their username I'll be able to check.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bill888
Champion

Just an update.

Original message quoted home phone will switch on 19th.

In the evening, another message arrived advising broadband will switch on the 20th.

As this is a LLU to BT wholesale migration, I am guessing they are likely lose broadband for a day.

It's not ideal but my relative said the 1 day outage won't cause them any problems.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @bill888

Thanks for your reply. I have created a support ticket on the account with details of the order, an email has also been sent to the account holder with this information.

If we can help with anything further don't hesitate to get back in contact.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
bill888
Champion

Thank you.  They received your email informing them that both home phone and broadband will be activated on the 19th.  They have also been informed the router has been dispatched.

They originally saw the Plusnet £75 cashback offer on Moneysavingexpert website and clicked through to Plusnet website to place the order.  Would it be possible to check their account notes to confirm it successfully tracked as there didn't seem to be any tracking notification (unlike if you were to use quidco) ?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, thanks for getting back in contact. 

They will receive an email to claim their cash-back within the first 10 days of active service with us.

Hope this helps 

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi  bill888,

We would need to check over the account directly if you can provide their account username via private message. 

Usually both services come across on the same day unless we encounter issues with our suppliers systems. 

So that we can assist and look into this please request they contact us directly or PM their username. We can then get in touch with them directly via email and text. 

We're more than happy to help. 

Thanks.

bill888
Champion

Fix

Earlier today, relative reported receiving message stating phone switched today, but same automated message still seem to suggest broadband will be activated on a different day as it mentions discounts would be applied to 2nd months bill etc....

Sky LLU broadband no longer working tonight.

Unfortunately, they discovered this evening the phone line doesn't appear to work either!  No dial tone...

They eventually got through to Customer Services to report the phone fault.

While on the phone, the agent activated broadband service for them, so they are up and running on Plusnet ADSL broadband Smiley

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear it is all up and running for them @bill888

Don't hesitate to get back in contact if you need any further assistance

Thanks

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team