cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Six weeks and counting!

mkhall

Six weeks and counting!

This is getting beyond frustrating now.

My deal with sky was coming to an end on 25th January.

First ordered Fibre extra (and line rental) on 12th January having been told on chat it would take 10 days.  Confirmation emails received and money deducted from my account that day. 

On 26th January I call plusnet to see whats happening as no further contact and I now had no service.  I was told plusnet didn't know what had happened but would place the order there and then for activation on 7th February!

On the 7th of February I called back to be told my phone line would be active on the 10th and then the Fiber order would be placed!

Phone line is active on the 10th, but Fibre order not placed til 13th.  Given an activation date of 21st February.

Guess what.... STILL not activated.

Very poor customer service.  I always have to chase.

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Six weeks and counting!

Welcome to the community forums @mkhall.

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems with your orders. I've had a look over the account and certainly agree we could have done some things better here (I have passed feedback on to the relevant people regarding this)

Initially when the account was signed up, it was signed up to take over an active service at the property.

Unfortunately it appears that the previous provider of the line, ceased the service, which caused automation to fail as there was no longer an active line to take over.

- Generally when this happens, a notification of the order failing is raised on the account for someone to look in to further and take the appropriate action.

I'm sorry to see this did not happen on this occasion.

When you contacted us on the 27th of January, we placed orders to try and re-activate the service while trying to retrieve the number from the line that your previous provider had ceased, however this later got rejected by our suppliers.

We then replaced an order to restart the line with a new telephone number on the 6th of February, and as you've said this completed on the 10th. Following this, we had to allow time for our suppliers records to update to reflect fibre availability to allow us to place your fibre order. We placed the order as soon as we were able to.

In regards to an activation date of the 21st, this does not appear to be something we advised. I've checked the order and our suppliers advised they had to work on routing the fibre connection and would provide a further update on the 21st, we were later advised to expect further updates on this on the 23rd.

- This could and should have certainly been explained better. I'm sorry to see it was not and have made sure feedback has been passed on to the manager of the advisor that simply put the ticket on hold until the 21st, instead of clearly explaining why while doing so.

I do sincerely apologise for the experience you've had with Plusnet. I see you've cancelled while I've been typing this out. I do wish you all the best with whichever provider you chose to go with moving forward.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mkhall

Thanks for the reply HarryB, probably the most sense I've had from anyone at Plusnet so far, but you state

'In regards to an activation date of the 21st, this does not appear to be something we advised.'

I am looking at a text message from plusnet right now that says "You broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 21/02/2017.  Please don't set up your router until we confirm your service is active"

So when I call back today having yet again no update contact from plusnet, and be told it's now 2nd March, I'm afraid I've lost all confidence in the company.  The numerous other stories of delays and muck-ups on these forums don't help either.

So Yes, I feel my only option was to cancel and try somewhere else.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

mkhall wrote:

I am looking at a text message from plusnet right now that says "You broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 21/02/2017.  Please don't set up your router until we confirm your service is active"

Ah right, I'd not noticed the automated notification that had been sent out advising this on the 13th. Apologies.

What should have happened, is the advisor that updated the ticket on your account on the 14th should have explained that the order had since gone in to a delayed state awaiting routing of the fibre service by our suppliers and that we'd been given the 21st as a review date for this work.

Further to this, the update on the ticket we provided yesterday (Or what again, should have been an update but instead was just a poor internal note) should have advised the review date had been pushed back to the 23rd by our suppliers.

@mkhall wrote:

So when I call back today having yet again no update contact from plusnet, and be told it's now 2nd March

I'm not sure why anyone has mentioned the 2nd of March. As far as I can see on the order (As it's currently awaiting cancellation) is the next review date for the routing work was expected tomorrow. This wouldn't have been a completion date, but it is possible we would have been advised the routing work had been completed and been provided with an expected completion date.

@mkhall wrote:
I'm afraid I've lost all confidence in the company.

I appreciate why this is. Again, I do wish you all the best with whatever provider you go with moving forward and I do sincerely apologise for the experience you had with us, it was certainly not to the level of service I expect from us. While we couldn't really got you online any sooner, the communication could have been much better.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mkhall

Still this farce continues.

Turns out my new chosen supplier can't process an order as Plusnet still have an active order on the line.  Can anyone please advise?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear that.

I've ensured the order is cancelled, once this processes on our suppliers systems your new provider should be able to take over without any further problems.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet