cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple switch goes wrong. Who can fix this for me?

Pandagirl1

Simple switch goes wrong. Who can fix this for me?

Ordered a like for like  phoneline/ fibre broadband switch from BT to PlusNet on 5 November with a requested switch date of December 3.  Received a call from support team on 13 November to say request had been rejected by BT but had been reordered and would go through as planned.  It didn't.  Various messages appeared in the case file about system failures, cancelled orders and re-orders.   I wasnt overly worried as I guessed it would sort itself out.  But on December 15th BT switched off my broadband connection leaving my busy household with no internet connectoon in the run up to Christmas.  Long calls to BT in India ended with BT blaming PlusNet and saying there was nothing they could now do and PlusNet should be able to activate broadband immediately as the line was released.   Long call to Plusnet has resulted in me being posted a Plusnet router and told service would be activated ASAP.  But now I have been given an activation date of January 3rd 2019.     What is going on at Plusnet ?  This should have been the most simple switch ever - all under the BT umbrella.  You are not doing me proud at all.

7 REPLIES 7
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Simple switch goes wrong. Who can fix this for me?

Hi @Pandagirl1, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues you have had with the activation of your services and for any inconvenience caused by this. I have looked into the account and provided an update here

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Pandagirl1

Please help.  I think a human being needs to step in and override the automated order processing system.  Following my original order on November 5th and an original activation date of December 3rd, BT released my fibre broadband line to Plusnet on December 14th (the original activation date was delayed by PlusNet).  I have had no internet service since then (over Christmas and New Year !).  BT were unable to reinstate my fibre broadband connection because PlusNet have a tag on the line.  Long phone calls to PlusNet (mostly on hold) gave me assurances that the order would be expedited - but I then received a new activation date of Jan 3rd - (the earliest an engineer visit could be arranged - although there is no engineer visit required as far as I can see, as it is a like for like service).  Jan 3 has been and gone - and today I was sent a new activation date of Jan 19th.  .   I am hoping this is just an automated system message sent in error - but would like human confirmation.  Another 2 weeks without any internet service is unacceptable and if correct I will need to look to another service provider.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Pandagirl1@

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues that have been encountered during your set up.

As this is account specific I have created a hyperlink for you here

This should take you straight to your open complaint ticket.

Please let us know if we can provide further assistance.

Thank you.

Pandagirl1

I have now had 5 weeks without any internet service at all and nearly 3 months since the simple switch from BT fibre to Plusnet fibre started. Latest promise was that my broadband service would be switched back on by midnight Friday. It wasnt. No update from provisioning team. Openreach FTTC VDSL line to my house has been operational throughout the whole process - so it just needs the PlusNet account details to be set up in a computer server somewhere. I still cant work out why PlusNet are having so much trouble with the switching process - but this forum suggests I am not the only one having problems.

Can someone please escalate this again?
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Pandagirl1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

My sincere apologies for you not receiving any news about your broadband, I appreciate the delay is not ideal and I apologise for this.

I have looked into your order and have sent an update here.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

Pandagirl1

For the record, my PlusNet fibre broadband service finally went live on Jan 31st -  13 weeks after the simple BT to PlusNet switch process was initiated and 6 weeks after BT prematurely disconnected my broadband service leaving me with no internet access over Christmas and the New Year period.  It was anything but seamless.  There seems to have been a total breakdown in communication and coordination between PlusNet, BT OpenReach and BT resulting in multiple order cancellations, re-orders and revised activation dates - each side blaming the other - but no internet service provided for the helpless customer stuck in the middle.  I feel I have been penalised for requesting a switch from the premium BT service to the cheaper BT PlusNet service and I now thoroughly regret making the switch.  I have always been an advocate of the great customer service that PlusNet provide - and whilst the customer service associates are friendly and most apologetic - the switching process has totally fallen down on this occasion and I will not be able to recommend a switch to PlusNet again.    It has been one of the most frustrating, stressful and annoying episodes I have encountered.  I will be making a formal complaint.  PlusNet (and BT) have not done me proud at all - and I hope that PlusNet will be offering a very significant gesture of goodwill to make amends.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Pandagirl1, I'm really sorry for the poor experience and lack of communication you received throughout the activation of your service.

Though delays were caused due to reasons out mainly out our control, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you especially over such a busy time of year.

I have taken a look at the account and added a further response on the account here (due to containing some account specific details). If you could please let us know once you have replied, we'll pick this up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team