cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up to Plusnet on Saturday. No response or update yet.

FIXED
BrenGillespie
Dabbler

Signed up to Plusnet on Saturday. No response or update yet.

I signed up to switch to Plusnet Broadband on Saturday, and the only response I received was an email telling me that my Direct Debit was set up. I never received a confirmation/welcome email when my first payment was made, and it's now Tuesday and I've still got no update.

I am able to log into the account I created, and it still says my order is processing, just like it did on Saturday. I found my way to the Order Tracker and it's still on Step 5 (Activating Your Line). I've got no switch or activation date, and as mentioned, I've not received any of these updates to the email address I provided.

I am unsure if this is a normal part of the process, a system error, or if I've done something wrong when making my order, but any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Tags (1)
25 REPLIES 25
mrsbbevan

Re: Signed up to Plusnet on Saturday. No response or update yet.

I'm the same! Could really do with some help also.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Hello @BenGillespie, thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry to see that our system hasn't been able to place the orders to provide a service. Not to worry though, I've just sorted this out for you and have placed them manually. Smiley 

@mrsbbevan I've tried to locate your account through your community profile but haven't been able to, can you please send me a PM with the account username? 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
BrenGillespie
Dabbler

Thank you. I've just received the email now.

I've logged into my Plusnet account and it still hasn't changed from "order is processing" yet. Will this update eventually?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's likely to say that for the next few days until a committed activation date has been provided, we'll continue to keep you updated via email too. Smiley 

Adam
BrenGillespie
Dabbler

That's great.

And the order you've placed is definitely the same package I originally ordered?

Are they any additional costs added onto the £22.99 that I originally paid (installation, etc)?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Nothing whatsoever will change contractually, it was just the actual order to take over the line that we had a few issues with, everything else will stay the same. Smiley 

Adam
BrenGillespie
Dabbler

Wonderful. Thank you so much for your help.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all, feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. Smiley 

Adam
BrenGillespie
Dabbler

Hello, Adam.

I have just received a text from PlusNet informing me that my Plusnet broadband will activate at midnight on the 21st of April. It has advised me not to set up my router until receiving confirmation that my new PlusNet service is active.

Can you please confirm if I will be receiving a PlusNet router before this date? Or am I expected to carry on using the TalkTalk router from my current supplier?

I had assumed TalkTalk would be requesting that I send their router back to them once the switch-over was completed. Is this the case?

Regards,

Brendan.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

The routers are sent out in just in time manner, so you should receive it a day or so before the service is due to go live.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BrenGillespie
Dabbler

That's great. Thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Brendan,

I've manually sent your router for dispatch so you should receive it a lot quicker than normal. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BrenGillespie
Dabbler

Hello Adam.
At around midnight tonight (20th April) our previous router (TalkTalk) stopped working, and this was the date that the last email from Plusnet said our broadband would activate.

We have not received any other emails or notifications from Plusnet since then, but I assume that I can now install my new Plusnet router now, as previously informed. Could you therefore confirm that Plusnet will be activating my broadband today?

Regards
Brendan
mrsbbevan

So sorry, to sound like a broken record this is exactly same for us!