cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up on 21st October for Fibre still no internet at all

dgpage2

Signed up on 21st October for Fibre still no internet at all

Signed up for PlusNet after having issues with BT customer service. Hoping this would be better.

Signed up for fibre and was told that there was not enough ports so it needed to be upgraded and was given a date (3 or more times this was delayed) after 2 weeks of waiting I was then told that I had to have a copper line until it was available and given a date of 17/11/2016 and was promised that this would be activated. I have now been given a date of 25/11/2016 as parts are needed. Yet I have just checked https://www.dslchecker.bt.com and this says all is available INCLUDING FIBRE.

I have now gone 2 months after moving home without internet.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
dgpage2

no care given

So am I having issues with getting my broadband sorted and have been for 2 months and this is now the reply I just keep getting and its awful (other words work too) how the person is pretty much shrugging their shoulders at me.

[CSA Removed] - Sales & COT Analyst
9:43am, Tuesday 15 Nov 2016

Dear Mr Page,

Order in delay expected completion for the 17/11/2016 however Openreach have requested we review back on the 22/11/2016 as they are dealing with a fault.

Should you have any further queries or concerns, you can contact online via our Web Chat team at the Plusnet website.

If you wish to talk to us in person you can give us a call on 0800 432 0200 at your convenience.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Email notification sent to: [removed]]

[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst
10:45am, Tuesday 15 Nov 2016
Dear Mr Page,

Thanks for your patience, our suppliers have advised that the order is due to go live by midnight on the 17/11. PLease contact us on 0800 432 020 if you have any queries.

This Question is now on hold until Thursday 17th November at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet:Thanks for your patience, our suppliers have advised that the order is due to go live by midnight on the 17/11. PLease contact us on 0800 432 020 if you have any queries.]

Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:08am, Thursday 17 Nov 2016
Question [ 138095734 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst
7:39pm, Thursday 17 Nov 2016
Dear Mr Page,

This is a message to confirm that your fibre order is due to complete today. However it can take up until midnight for the service to activate.

If there is anything else that we can help with then please do not hesitate to get back in touch. You can reply to this ticket through the Member Centre or you can call us on 0800 432 0200 and 0345 140 0200. You can also contact our online webchat team who will be able to help with any queries you may have.

This Question is now on hold until Friday 18th November at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: PLUSNET - This is a message to confirm that your fibre order is due to complete today. However it can take up until midnight for the service to activate. If there is anything else that we can help with then please do not hesitate to get back in touch.]

Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:09am, Friday 18 Nov 2016
Question [ 138095734 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

Your Response
9:52am, Friday 18 Nov 2016
Still no internet and no router delivered!
I am using a BT Home Hub 5 A to try and connect using the username:
 ******@plusdsl.net
Password: *********
Why is there still no internet?

[CSA Removed]- CSC - CS Escalations
11:56am, Friday 18 Nov 2016
Dear Mr Page,

Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message. I have checked your order and can see that our suppliers have left notes to advise that there are no ports available in the cabinet so engineer has raised a LLUMS case reference-110707, as there are multiple faulty ports in the cabinet so engineers are working on this.

The next update is for 25/11/16.

I apologise for this delay.

This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 23rd November at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

**INTERNAL**
3-386594359772 monitor llums case

[Sms Message: Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message. I have checked your order and can see that our suppliers have left notes to advise that there are no ports available in the cabinet so engineer has raised a LLUMS case reference-110707, as there are multiple faulty ports in the cabinet so engineers are working on this.]

Your Response
11:59am, Friday 18 Nov 2016
The Question 138095734 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - Delayed Orders

This is not acceptable this is at least the 10th time I have had a delay like this.
If this is not resolved this weekend I will be cancelling my account and will be expecting a full refund!

[CSA Removed] - CSC - CS Escalations
12:18pm, Friday 18 Nov 2016
Dear Mr Page,

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your reply. I apologise that this delay has occured but unfortunately the suppliers have given us a resolve date of 25/11/16 and it will not be resolved over the weekend.

Please give our customer care a call on 0800 432 0200 if you are wishing to cancel your account.

This Question is now on hold until Friday 25th November at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: Good afternoon,

Thank you for your reply. I apologise that this delay has occured but unfortunately the suppliers have given us a resolve date of 25/11/16 and it will not be resolved over the weekend.

Please give our customer care a call on 0800 432 0200 if you are wishing to cancel your account.]

Your Response
12:25pm, Friday 18 Nov 2016
The Question 138095734 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - Delayed Orders

I have had that 'resolved date' change multiple time and I am more than [-Censored-]ed off now. this is not how you should be doing business. why is it that they cannot get people connected for over 2 months? this is stupid

Your Response
12:36pm, Friday 18 Nov 2016
I have also been 'promised' this will have been resolved in the past.

[CSA Removed] - CSC - CS Escalations
1:24pm, Friday 18 Nov 2016
Dear Mr Page,

Thank you for your reply.

I can understand the delay is frustrating, however as we previously advised the supplier has informed us that there are no spare ports available in the cabinet due to multiple faulty ports needing repaired/replaced.
As advised there is a LLUMS case reference-110707 open to resolve this issue, but currently we are at the mercy of our suppliers in terms of the resolution date.

We have been informed that the current estimated resolve date is 25/11/16 and we will review the matter again and update you accordingly.

Once again I am sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

If you have any questions then please let us know by replying to this email/txt or give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 from a mobile and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: PLUSNET: We've updated your ticket regarding your order. To view the update please go to - https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search]

Your Response
1:33pm, Friday 18 Nov 2016

I understand this.
but if you check https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ it actually says fibre is available again. I assume this would be a different switch? as I wanted fibre first will this fix the issue? if so can it be done today while the engineer is at the cabinet?

[CSA Removed]- CSC - CS Escalations
2:12pm, Friday 18 Nov 2016
Dear Mr Page,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, you are quite right that dslchecker does show availability. However we have clarified the situation with openreach and confirmed that there are faulty ports present within the cabinet which need to be resolved.

As previously advised, the supplier has informed us that there are no spare ports available in the cabinet due to multiple faulty ports needing repaired/replaced.
As advised there is a LLUMS case reference-110707 open to resolve this issue, but currently we are at the mercy of our suppliers in terms of the resolution date.

In terms of moving to a closer cabinet, unfortunately It’s not possible to move the service. This is because the telephony network over which broadband runs is bespoke. As such, all premises are served from dedicated distribution points which are connected via their own underground duct network to the telephony cabinets. There are no interconnections that can be utilised to give broadband services between these cabinets, therefore, I’m afraid we technically can’t move the service to another cabinet & Exchange.

We have been informed that the current estimated resolve date is 25/11/16 and we will review the matter again and update you accordingly.

Once again I am sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

If you have any questions then please let us know by replying to this email/txt or give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 from a mobile and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: PLUSNET: We've updated your ticket regarding your order. To view the update please go to - https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA names removed as per Forum rules

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Email address removed from a public forum.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: no care given

Hi @dgpage2,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for getting in touch with us regarding this issue.

I have been in contact with our suppliers today and engineers are currently carrying out the work to replace the faulty ports which are causing the delay. They have advised to contact back tomorrow for an update and the work should be completed in which the reorder can be replaced and expedited.

dgpage2

Hello @BenB,

once again this has been delayed and I am now being told that the FIBRE order that was meant to have been cancelled and new ADSL order setup has NOT been done and I have to wait another 5 working days?!?!?

that will be 2 plus months without internet at my home... I work from home regularly and need to this weekend but cant? yet because its not a business line I will see nothing for this

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

I have just come of a contact with our suppliers regarding this and i am not happy with this and I certainly understand that you're not happy about this either.

So they have told me that the piece of equipment they have fixed is faulty and they have to order a new part which has been ordered and this will not arrive until next week. They have told me to contact them back on the 29/11/2016.

I have a direct email link with one of the senior managers at our suppliers and they will be emailing me regarding the progress of this issue. I am sorry that this is not the out come that you wanted to hear but I will be keeping a very close eye on this for you.

dgpage2

I have spoken to someone on chat and they said that my fibre order which should have been cancelled on the 18th wasn't meaning that my ADSL order could not be placed. So the issue in the cabinet does not effect my ADSL order at all. I now have to wait another 5 working days for this to be fulfilled IF the ADSL order is ok on Monday