cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up for Fibre - Phone line hasn't been installed and no communication from PlusNet

FIXED
Kandesys

Signed up for Fibre - Phone line hasn't been installed and no communication from PlusNet

Hi all

I signed up for Fibre Unlimited at the end of last month, but I've had no communication at all from PlusNet about my order.

I can sign in to the members area and it shows that the broadband service will be installed on the 11th May (2 days ago now), but nothing has happened, no phone line, no router, no communication from Plusnet etc...

I opened a question on the support pages (125556132), but the only reply to that is an [internal] one saying that my order doesn't exist.

Very disappointed in Plusnet so far and considering cancelling (the apparently non-existent order) and going elsewhere instead.

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Signed up for Fibre - Phone line hasn't been installed and no communication from PlusNet

I'm just looking into this.

[edit]

We need to install a new line to get you up and running. Can you PM me your availability from the 27th?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Kandesys

Re: Signed up for Fibre - Phone line hasn't been installed and no communication from PlusNet

Ok, so 2 weeks later than i agreed to when signing up, the openreach guy came bang on 8am on Friday, no problems, line installed and speed check shows 80/20 no problem, advised it should only take a couple of hours to get new phone number as it's all automated.

Then this morning I get a text from plusnet saying that theres a delay in the phone line order.

Do you have any more information?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Should a Plusnet staffer have responded to this by now?  I see three on line currently.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kandesys

That would have been nice, but no...

i've just found out by using the chat, that plusnet have tried to port my existing number across from virgin, even though i have never asked them to do this, and this has gone wrong somehow.

so i'm now left with no phone line and no internet until they sort it out as my virgin connection is now cancelled.

As i work from home, this will make working tomorrow very awkward.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Doesn't look good.  Did the Chat service offer any timescale for resolution?

@Darkfire  Can you offer any insight into what's happening?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi there, 

sorry for not picking this up earlier, still getting used to the new forum and the way it display unread posts, allow me about an hour as I'm about to head out for lunch but I'll get this looked into, if it's a number porting issue we should be able to sort it nice and easily.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about all of this, I've taken a look and everything is complete ready for things to work but the phone number has either A: not been released by the owning provider on the port date(27th) or B: the number has been ported but hasn't been completed by BT Openreach Migration Services.

As it's a bank holiday I can't get in touch with them to sort this, but I'll give them a call first thing tomorrow to get it sorted, once I've called them all should activate in about 30 minutes.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Good Morning, 

I've just spoken to Openreach, it was their side who failed to complete the port rather than Virgin not porting the number itself. I've arranged for that to be done and your line will be active in the next 30 minutes, I've replied on your account and via email to confirm the number that is active too.

Please let me know if there are any further issues

Kandesys

Thanks Paul

Phone and fibre now working fine.