cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shameful Customer Service

booandbinty

Shameful Customer Service

We have had a terrible experience trying to switch to PlusNet.

We place the order for Fibre which was accepted and payment taken on 27/07/2016.

Received letter from Sky a few days later confirming early termination charge and switch date to be 10/08/2016.

By 09/08/2016 we have heard nothing from PlusNet so contacted them to find out Fibre now unavailable due to cabinet capacity issue. While we understand this issue we do not understand why our order was accepted in the first place? (No point blaming BT as PlusNet are owned/part owned by BT). Furthermore your advisors have informed me the cabinet capacity details are updated every 48 hours - how does it take 13 days and contact from your new customer for this information to come to light?

The customer service has been atrocious while I have tried to resolve this. While the people I have spoken to have been nice and helpful they have declined to answer direct questions and dodged or blamed 'Provisions'. I am still waiting on them calling me back to explain why [CSA Removed] of their web chat help team advised that the order could be placed again on 24/08/2016 yet there is now mysteriously no record of this chat and only a ticket raised with a very standard issue looking email template advising me how to cancel and that it will be free of charge. Thanks for sending this three times now by the way instead actually answering my questions, I understand very well and on receipt of a few more may even be able to recite it word for word.

So, in summary I am now stuck in limbo waiting for people to call me with answers and with no confirmed internet or phone provider.  Bravo PlusNet! I might add we were returning to you after being loyal customers for nearly 3 years having enjoyed almost faultless service (changed provider due to house move).

I look forward to hearing from someone who intends to stick by the company motto!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules

2 REPLIES 2
booandbinty

Re: Shameful Customer Service

Additional information:

Were has my order gone? The last time I checked you set me up a telephone number and the order tracker link showed information regarding my order.

It now states that I do not currently have an order. Despite the issues noted above I have not cancelled my order and have not received notification from you that my order is entirely cancelled.  This is far from acceptable.

booandbinty

Re: Shameful Customer Service

Have just spoken to Sky to see if they have any further information for me.

They advised that within 20 minutes of me making my payment and placing my order and making payment they received not only the recommendation for switch but also a cancellation of the switch.

If this is the case why the hell was I not contacted by Plusnet to advise the services couldn't be provided and a refund given??????

Not happy at all. Trading Standards + Ofcom.