cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shambolic service

jamray
Hooked

Shambolic service

So i decided to move from sky to plusnet, i was given an activation date of 21/03, i received my router 2 days before the date, i had to chase this up by the way through live chat. The date passed by and no email or text to say when fibre broadband would be activated so went through live chat and low and behold was told the order was delayed due to a network records issue and that it would take 48hrs until they could provide a further update. So 48hrs passed by and i didn't hear anything. Chased this up again through live chat, only to be told a system issue with the order was stuck in the system and has been cancelled! This would now take a further 48 hours to redo the order. Totally fuming by this point so went on live chat again to vent my frustration only to be told they recommend putting me on standard broadband for now because they don't know how long it would take for an engineer to activate fibre! This is the worst customer service i have ever had the pleasure dealing with, I've already paid a month upfront as well as the one off cost and I'm stuck here with no internet and been passed from pillar to post.

Sorry for the rant but i would think twice if you are moving to plusnet from the experience I've had so far.
16 REPLIES 16
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Shambolic service

Sorry to hear that.

I can see our Provisoning team are getting this chased up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jamray
Hooked

Can't make this up, now been told the second order has now got stuck in the system! Now have to wait a further 48 hours......Not impressed! 3rd time lucky??? If not i am going elsewhere.....
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

It's unfortunate that transfers from LLU suppliers like Sky and Talk Talk seem more problematic, and often seem to caused by inaccurate records being transferred!

Gazflo
Dabbler

I'm experiencing similar problems switching from Sky to PN. Almost three weeks without any internet service! Problems with the OpenReach database apparently. It's costing me a small fortune in 3G data. Already regretting the decision to switch.

jamray
Hooked

The order has been cancelled yet again, this is the 4th time now. Was told on live chat yesterday that I would be activated midnight yesterday, chase this up today and the adviser confirmed I was told a lie and that the order wasn't re-ordered. Now been given a date next week.

You can't make this up it's ridiculaous.....

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

I am sorry to see this @jamray

I have checked the order this morning and I can see that this now committed through our suppliers for the 19/04/2017 for the fibre upgrade and this can take any time up to midnight to complete.

jamray
Hooked

Thanks for the update, as I'm currently on standard broadband temporarily until fibre gets activated how does this work in regards to billing, i don't want to pay a months payment for fibre as I don't have this service yet?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

When the order completes, the agent that picks up the ticket on your account to confirm this should also be issuing a pro-rata refund for the cost difference of the service to ensure that you've only paid for the service you've received.

Feel free to give us a nudge over here on the forums when the order completes and we'll happily double check that to make sure it's been dealt with appropriately Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jamray
Hooked

Thanks @HarryB 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@LouisaMartin & @Darkfire - 4th one - anyone else counting?  How much management time does each BTw / BTOR database screw-up cost you guys?  Is it specific to LLU inbound migrations?  Is there anything which can be done at order placement to verify record accuracy to manage user expectations?  Why can your supplier just reject orders because THEIR data is wrong rather than fixing THEIR error and then processing your order?  The Nd User however, ought to be clearly advised that BTw has dropped the order and the clock starts again - it's called managing expectations.

Seems you guys need a better quality supply chain ... however they know they have you (and us) by the short n curlys but only you can scream at them!

When will PN stop accepting the brown stuff from BT?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'm gonna get the team to start collating these so we can get them passed on. I'll add it to my weekly insights, thanks for this @Townman

Louisa
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Townman While it's frustrating for everyone involved, it can't always be put down to BTW/OR.

Take this thread for example. Although we had to contact BTW/OR to arrange for records to be correct, it was on us to ensure that our supplier has the correct records for our line.

In the past when there have been records issues preventing us from taking the service over, I've advised customers to contact their provider to request the records are updated/corrected (As this can only be requested by the current provider of the line) while I can't say this has always been successful, in theory it should just be the same process that I followed when shirleyparkin contacted us on the thread I've linked above.

In the past when the losing provider has either refused to or said it's not required to correct back end records, as the account shows the correct address, I've simply taken the line over (If we've been able to locate it) at the incorrect address it's showing at. Following this, I've arranged for the records to be corrected.

To put another comparison on this, it would be like Customer A having an account that had the incorrect mobile contact number (Number X) on the account and then Customer B (Completely unrelated to customer A) contacting us and requesting we change the contact number from Number X to Number Z.

We'd advise customer B that as they're not the account holder, we wouldn't change the contact number, we'd request that the account holder gives us a call.

This is the same as us asking BTW/OR to update the address records for a line provided on the LLU network (Or even the BT network for that matter) by another provider.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@HarryB,

Thank you for the detailed information.  It seems like you are suggesting that it's the ISP's responsibility to ensue that the supplier's own details (across all of their systems) about their line which you just happen to rent from them is correct.

Sorry that's barking mad and some of the experiences reported around here suggest that other ISPs are not as helpful as you were in sorting out discrepancies when Plusnet was the loosing supplier.  It sounds like the problems are so extensive BTw have made robots available to allow their customers to fix their data.  I trust that each time an ISP uses the robot to fix BTw's internal data, you guys get a bonus pay,net for all the effort it takes - it was not just your time, but also the time spent with the chat agents.

Such incomptencance from BTw must be costing ISPs £m in management effort.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Townman wrote:

Thank you for the detailed information.  It seems like you are suggesting that it's the ISP's responsibility to ensue that the supplier's own details (across all of their systems) about their line which you just happen to rent from them is correct.

I'm not saying it's the same for all data sets that needs updating/maintaining, it depends on the scenario and the specific piece of data. You unfortunately can't just cover them all with the same explanation.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet