Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting a Start date for new plusnet service

FIXED
mjwexe
Dabbler

Setting a Start date for new plusnet service

I want to switch to plusnet from Sky.

I hope to take advantage of an offer for Unlimited Fibre via Broadband Choices. As this offer expires on 6 August 2019, can the start/activation date of the plusnet service be delayed as my Sky contract does not end until 11 September 2019?

I see that others have asked this question and that plusnet advisors have indeed changed start dates as requested. However, when I had an online chat with Sales today, I was told that this was not possible and that I should wait until the end of August to place my order.

As I have not yet placed the order (but hope to do so before the offer expires) I just wanted to confirm that the start date can be changed once the order is placed so that I avoid Sky's early termination charges.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Setting a Start date for new plusnet service

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @mjwexe

We can request this for you however we'd need you to message us your username after you signed up as by default our systems will automatically place the transfers for the soonest date possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mjwexe
Dabbler

Thanks. Matthew.

Just so that I understand how this works, when I sign up with Plusnet, I'll choose a username as part of the sign-up process? How do I send a message? Is it via this forum or is there a secure messaging service that I can access when I have signed up?

Once again, thank you for your assistance.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me.

If you click this link here it should open up the option to PM me

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mjwexe
Dabbler

Thanks. All understood.

One final question, how many days can the start date be delayed? My Sky contract runs until 11 September 2019. If I sign up with Plusnet before 6 August, will it be okay to delay the start/activation till 11 September?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We'd advise no more than 40 days at the latest usually so if you were to sign up the first week of August there shouldn't be any issues

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mjwexe
Dabbler

Thanks, Matthew. You've put my mind at rest. I'll sign up early August and then PM you. Once again, thanks for all your help and advice.