cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service interruption when switching line owner

balsini

Service interruption when switching line owner

Dear Plusnet Community,

I recently moved to a property which already had Plusnet as a broadband provider, and following the guidelines for the process, the former line owner proceeded to their contract cancellation, scheduled on the 26th of July, and I to the new account set up on the 16th of July.

I've been told via the Chat support that this would have been a smooth transition, but yesterday (the 26th), with perfect timing, I was no more able to connect.

I thought it was an authentication issue, so I updated the connection credentials from the router admin page with my credentials, but no luck, it's indeed my property that now has no line at all.

The only completed steps in the order tracker are "signup" and "checking your details", and is stuck at "checking your line" (which was already Plusnet, so why?) and "hardware" (what's the blocker here?).

All the other steps are marked in grey, although my first payment has been already taken through the credit card and a DirectDebit has been already set up.

So, what's going on and what should I expect?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Cheers,

Alessio

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Service interruption when switching line owner

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Service interruption when switching line owner

Hi Alessio, I'm sorry for the issues with your order. Unfortunately it looks like the steps that the previous owners of your property took to ask their provider to cancel their services had stopped us from placing an order to activate our services.

Ideally when moving from one provider to another at the same property, this should be left with the new provider entirely. 

We've today placed an order to reactivate your phone line, which is due to go live tomorrow before midnight.

Once that's completed, we'll place another order to activate fibre broadband as soon as we can.

I've arranged to send you your new router now in advance you should receive within 3 to 5 working days, but it won't work until we've confirmed your broadband's ready to use with us. 

Let us know if you've got further queries or anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet