Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesman promised not met

FIXED
Freddie_Hayek
Hooked

Re: Salesman promised not met

Dear Gandalf,

I received an email on June 21st at 1.27am advising that our broadband is now live. The service has been great so far.

What was a bit surprising was that a BT engineer came round on June 20th. We were not advised in advance that he was coming. I thought we had been advised that an engineer was not required. 

We were out at the time, but luckily we had a tradesman in doing some work who let in the BT engineer who via the tradesman was able to contact my wife by phone and agreed everything. He said otherwise he would have had to come back on Monday 24th!

At least we have broadband now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Salesman promised not met

Hi @Freddie_Hayek 

I received an email on June 21st at 1.27am advising that our broadband is now live. The service has been great so far.

Glad to hear that! Thumbs_Up

What was a bit surprising was that a BT engineer came round on June 20th. We were not advised in advance that he was coming. I thought we had been advised that an engineer was not required. 

Doesn't look like we were advised an engineer would be going out to your property either until after they went out. Normally if an engineer is out on the job and thinks they need access, they'll generally try to contact you first before passing the job back to us to arrange an appointment as that can often simply delay things.

We were out at the time, but luckily we had a tradesman in doing some work who let in the BT engineer who via the tradesman was able to contact my wife by phone and agreed everything. He said otherwise he would have had to come back on Monday 24th!

Good to see the engineer was able to carry out the work on the day.

At least we have broadband now

Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet