Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rude & Terrible Service from Plusnet

Soulsville
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Rude & Terrible Service from Plusnet

After I was advised I could now get Fibre Broadband I decided to upgrade via the members Center. My order was confirmed on the 11 July 2017. My new fibre router was sent and it was confirmed by email Fibre would start on 18 July 2017. Before that date I was speaking to a plusnet advisor on the phone who confirmed that. I was not happy with my new fibre so rang on 29 July to say I was having drop outs and slow speed. The bombshell answer to myself from the advisor was I was not on Fibre and they could not find my order, yet they had sent me emails and the new router and had put the price up on my direct debit for the new service, but no new service. I was passed to [CSA Removed] who tried to sort it out giving me a date of 7 August 2017, but saying he was not in until today 1 Aug then he would update me. now my order has been put back even further to 15 Aug, this is 4 weeks after it should have started. Not being very happy at the even further delay I rang Plusnet and said I wanted to complain a rather rude lady said the system was down (it always is when you ask awkward questions) so I asked to speak to someone higher and she put the phone down on me. Plusnet make the mistake, so I suffer. You would of thought they would of pulled out the stops to get me on Fibre as soon as possible after making mistakes and upping my bill. There was a

Question #154684238  but they closed it without me being able to answer. I have been with Plusnet for 12 years and I feel let down

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name/s removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

14 REPLIES 14
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Rude & Terrible Service from Plusnet

Sorry to hear about the experience you've had.

From looking at your account no order was ever placed with our suppliers to upgrade you to fibre.

The new order that has been placed today was requested to go live on the 8th but was pushed back due to engineer availability in your area.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@MatthewWheeler You neglected to mention the refund of the difference in cost until the upgrade actually goes through and the compensation for the aggro the OP has suffered.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
RJM
Rising Star

I dealt with a large American company for many years and if any of their staff were impolite or hung-up the phone to anybody they were "let go" immediately.

Soulsville
Rising Star

Matthew, It was Plusnet who failed to place the order, not me. Plusnet are quick to say I had fibre, re email sent  saying it would that fibre would start on the 18 July and altered my payments. I see no apology for a rude woman advisor. Now I suffer because your system does not work. 

Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi jelv, 

Thanks for your post, like you I have been with plusnet a long time, 12 years for myself 3 behind you. I have seen good times but lately the service has dropped badly. My broadband drops daily and the speed is up and down. As fibre has just come on where I lived, I thought the switch would be easy and sort out the line drop outs and speed issues. How wrong I was. Firstly my order was not actioned by Plusnet and having a rude advisor today, no apology from Plusnet. I read your post and you are spot on, thanks for it.

Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi RJM, 

Thanks for your message, when someone from Plusnet answered my post, there was no apology. If I was rude with the woman then fair enough cut me off, but I was not rude to her. Plusnet are not doing themselves any favours. 

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi,

I'm sorry that you've had these issues and that your fibre wasn't active when we said it would be, the social media team will be keeping an eye on the order and keeping you informed. Any over payment made will be refunded when its received by ourselves.

Soulsville wrote

Not being very happy at the even further delay I rang Plusnet and said I wanted to complain a rather rude lady said the system was down (it always is when you ask awkward questions) so I asked to speak to someone higher and she put the phone down on me.

I believe she was referring to our call monitoring software that is currently down, it's still recording but we're unable to retrieve and listen to some of the calls at the moment. A fix for this is expected very soon and once it is we will listen to call and provide feedback if and where it is appropriate.

Soulsville wrote:

when someone from Plusnet answered my post, there was no apology.

Lets try to remain factual.  I understand your frustration but that's simply untrue.

MatthewWheeler wrote:

Sorry to hear about the experience you've had.

From looking at your account no order was ever placed with our suppliers to upgrade you to fibre.

The new order that has been placed today was requested to go live on the 8th but was pushed back due to engineer availability in your area.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi JonoH,

Surely the fact of the matter is I ordered Fibre on the 11 July 2017 and Plusnet will not be supplying it until 18 Aug. Your system needs looking at, it is at fault if it can't place the order through to your suppliers. It was only picked up because I rang up to complain about the service not being up to speed and for line drop out. When I said no Apology was received, I was talking about the rude woman who took my call and would not hear my complaint and put the phone down on me. 

Soulsville
Rising Star

Well despite promises to be on fibre today 15th so far at 6.30 pm it has not happened.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Which still leaves over 5 hours for it to be activated today.
My glass is normally half-full, what is yours?
Soulsville
Rising Star

Must be a third empty

Soulsville
Rising Star

At last I am now on fibre today a month after I should have got it. and a day later than a revised date.

Soulsville
Rising Star

Now I just got to wait until the 30th Aug for my complete order to be fulfilled. 

JShepp

This sounds so similar to my experiences, and looking around we're not the only ones. What has happened to Plusnet?