Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router sent to wrong address

FIXED
Chris200
Fixes: 1

Router sent to wrong address

I'm moving house next week. I ordered Plusnet Unlimited Fibre on July 21st so that it would be good to go right away. I called after placing my order and asked Plusnet to send my router to my current address so that I'll have it in hand when I move ready to set up when I get into the new place. They confirmed they could do this and the router was dispatched on July 28th.

However, they've sent it to the wrong address. Number 11 instead of number 100! I've been and knocked on the door of #11 but no answer. I've put a note through the door but there's not much more I can do.

Of course now I can't get through to Plusnet on phone or live chat because they're so busy. From other forum posts I see that Plusnet refuse to use tracking numbers so it's impossible to know where the router is.

Now what? In the event they send another router it'll be another 3-5 working days for delivery, I'll need to change the address again (to the new house) and I'll be another ~week without broadband while paying for unnecessary line rental (I'm not using a landline), making working from home more difficult.

The best laid plans eh? Help please, Plusnet.
Thanks, Chris
1 REPLY 1
Chris200
Fixes: 1

Re: Router sent to wrong address

Fix

[SOLVED] I have spoken to a Plusnet CS rep who has sorted my issue and arranged for a new router to be dispatched to my new address. I called 0800 432 0200 for 'Plusnet Provisioning'. I wasn't able to get through on 0800 328 4677 despite several attempts.