cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router sent 1 day before activation date!

FIXED
billylane88

Router sent 1 day before activation date!

I decided to make the switch from Plusnet to Sky around 3 weeks ago, with the switch date confirmed as 30th May. I've only just received an email to say the router has been dispatched (3-5 working days) so I'm now going to be without internet until it arrives... Decided to try and find out how to best rectify the situation and have been met with a very poor customer experience on live chat with conflicting information. I joined Plusnet as I was under the impression that the customer experience / service was one of the best. I feel I've made a massive error in switching, and have been told that I can't even cancel the switch as it's too late in the day. UGH!
1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Router sent 1 day before activation date!

Fix

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see you've not received your new router yet.

We order routers 2 working days before an activation date as they're sent 1st class post they normally arrive just in time. I can see your router was ordered last Sunday and dispatched this afternoon.

While I appreciate that this may be cutting it fine, I would expect you to receive it tomorrow however if you don't for any reason please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and if you can let us know over here we'll be happy to provide you with a credit or refund to cover any charges you've paid for a service you haven't had.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet