Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not received yet

FIXED
irishbitte

Router not received yet

Hi,

I placed my order last month with a go live date of the 7th of July. I've not had my router yet, wondering when it will arrive?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Router not received yet

Fix

Hi there.

From what I can see the router has been ordered and should be with you before the 7th.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@MatthewWheeler,

We see frequent queries about router dispatch.

Do you think there would be merit in creating a sticky post in this forum about the router order / despatch logistics / time line with a link to the place in the user portal where (new) users could check the status for themselves?

Where it has been identified that there is a real problem, has any analysis been undertaken to identify why?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes that's a good idea.

I don't know how much work it will be to implement, can't remember what Royal Mail service PlusNet used when my router was delivered, but it would be nice to have one of those links which shows you when (what day) the parcel will arrive and where it is in the system.

On a bit of side note, Royal Mail confuses me a bit, I got some tickets with a link saying its "Tracked, Signed For", I assumed it is similar to Recorded where it wouldn't be delivered if I wasn't in. So waited indoors and they just posted it, no signature.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Ah yes, Royal Mail - they are nearly as bad as BT at doing the proper thing.

I use "signed-for" services quite a bit when I need assurance that the item actually got there - HMRC - DVLA et al.  All too often (circa 50%) the item is never signed for and I get responses before the Royal Mail system indicates that delivery was successful.

It has become a good way of "printing" stamps.  I use signed-for (costs about £1.20) and then complain if its not actually signed for ... and get 6x First Class stamps compo!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes I got a HMRC letter recently saying I had underpaid tax.

It wasn't too much luckily (phew), but the strange thing was, they would only accept cheque or postal order. In this day and age you'd think they'd accept a debit card over the phone or a bank transfer, but no.

Since you have to pay for PO's I posted them a cheque. Been ages since I used one, but being the government I know they received it, as the money came out my account pretty sharpish Roll_eyes

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Townman I can't see any reason why not.

Let me get back to you on that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team