cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not arrived

ally_smith

Router not arrived

Hi
I ordered my new phone and broadband package with Plusnet on 26th April. My phone was activated on 11th May but the broadband had an issue so was delayed until 14th May. I have not yet received my router even though I have spoken to 3 people at Plusnet on chat since 11th. I would have expected to have received it by now. On the order tracker on member centre it still says the order is being processed. Why is it taking so long? Not overly impressed at the moment! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
maybeicanhelp
Dabbler

Re: Router not arrived

Phone up, say that you know what the crack is and someone hasn't dispatched your router.

Common issue with the ordering system. Ask to be refunded from the date you went live as well.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@ally_smith

Plusnet do not send out routers until a few days before broadband is activated. It's quite likely that Openreach have not yet sorted out your broadband and Plusnet have failed to keep you updated. Hopefully a Plusnet staffer will pick this up tomorrow.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

What @Baldrick1 has said is spot on.

Pop your number into the Broadband Availability website and look at the narrative below the speed estimates for an open order completion date.

That is when your service will go live and in theory your router should arrive before then.

ally_smith

Thanks for your responses. I checked and the broadband has definitely gone live so it looks like it is a Plusnet error.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

What have you checked to know it has gone live if you haven't got a router? If you have had an email saying product change complete or similar that is just your account type has changed and doesn't mean much. What did the BT wholesale checker say for your phone number, was there an open order in progress?

ally_smith

Issue now solved. Plusnet admitted a fault on their ordering system. Router sent out and refund applied to account for being unable to use broadband activated in 14th May.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I remember there being an issue a month or so about routers not being automatically dispatched, sounds like you were one of the unfortunate ones.
Glad to hear it's been resolved.