cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not arrived, switch from ADSL to FTTC due today

mogwoman
Fixes: 1

Router not arrived, switch from ADSL to FTTC due today

I am due to switch from ADSL to FTTC today.

I have an old TG582n ADSL router, my FTTC router has not arrived, the post has already been delivered.

Is it possible for a member of staff to look into this and expedite the dispatch of a router, I do not want to be without broadband during these difficult times.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Router not arrived, switch from ADSL to FTTC due today

@mogwoman 

There are two possible scenarios.

1. Plusnet has failed to ship your router or it’s stuck in the post.

2. Openreach have changed the changeover date and you have not been told. You can check this by putting your phone number in here https://my.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker read through and if there’s any mention of an open order then this is the new date.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mogwoman

Many Thanks, looks like the latter, it would have been nice to be told.

There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 27-Mar-2020

Pesque
Dabbler

Just checked my own line using that link - I'm supposed to be upgrading to fibre on Tuesday 24th March, but the date on that link says 31st March. Would you usually be informed if the date is going to be later than the one confirmed in e-mail? I know these are difficult times and I was quite surprised when it seemed I'd get my upgrade in 7 days, so don't really mind the extra week - though it does mean I have to head into the office for longer. I was a bit unsure it was actually going ahead since I upgraded via my membership page and all my confirmations seemed to be automated. 

mogwoman

I have had no communication from Plusnet since I was given the original switchover date of Thursday 19/03/2020.

I was worried that I was going to be without broadband when the router did not arrive by the switchover day.

Have still heard nothing from Plusnet and am hoping for a switch this Friday 27/03/2020 but would not be surprised if it is put on hold for an indefinite period.

Pesque
Dabbler

Did your switch happen on Friday? I'm hoping mine will happen tomorrow before I run out of non-video work to do from home!