cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not arrived - no info about upgrade

Jamesj
Hooked

Router not arrived - no info about upgrade

Hi, I upgraded to fibre several weeks ago and understood that it would happen by the end of last month (I may be wrong as I never got any email confirmation of that). My router hasn't arrived yet, and I can't find any information about my order online. Can you help please?

Many thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
wilson222
Hooked

Re: Router not arrived - no info about upgrade

Hi,

im currently with plusnet and I too recently requested a Fibre upgrade from standard ADSL2+. My router arrived yesterday via royal mail after a little over 2 weeks from the initial order (it was supposed to be about 3-5 days but under the current situation i expected that to take longer and it did). However while my line is 'slightly faster' it is still on ADSL and not Fibre FTTC.. I assume they will swap the line over now that i have my replacement router? Also I too didnt receive any texts or emails regarding the progress, the only place i had any info of what stage the order was at was via this link https://www.plus.net/member-centre/broadband/order-tracker. If your an exising plusnet customer then you should be able to track the status there. Hope this helps somewhat.

Jamesj
Hooked

Thanks very much for that - it's very helpful! Yes, I expected it would take longer, but I couldn't help thinking that the router might also be lost, etc. I hope your problem gets sorted out soon.
wilson222
Hooked

Also im sure I read somewhere on the plusnet website that they cant track the delivery of the parcels as there just sent via normal 1st or 2nd class mail so i guess it will arrive as and when RoyalMail deliver it. On the Plusnet order Tracker portal, the status for my router said, 'awaiting order from manufacturer', or something like that... and the status didnt change right up until a few hours before the router actually landed on my door step. They shouldnt cut you off though before your new router arrives.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch

@Jamesj Unfortunately it appears your cabinet is temporarily full which is why you haven't' received the router yet as we only send it out once we have a committed date for the service to go live. I've raised this for further investigation and as soon as I know when your upgrade will go through I'll let you know

@wilson222 I can see your upgrade completed on Thursday. Are you having any further issues?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jamesj
Hooked

Thanks for getting in touch, Matthew. That's a pity - I'll just hope space gets freed up before I have to go back to work. If you could let me know when you hear any more news, I'd appreciate it.
Jamesj
Hooked

Hi Matthew, thanks for keeping me informed. My router arrived a few days ago and I plugged it in, being a bit too hopeful! Should I go back to using the old router or does it not matter?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to me @Jamesj

You can still use the new router as it's standard and fibre compatible

As soon as I know more about your upgrade I'll let you know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jamesj
Hooked

Thanks very much, Matthew.
Jamesj
Hooked

Hi Matthew, thanks for letting me know that the fibre is ready to use. I've turned my router off and on again but can't see any difference. Should I do something else?
Thanks,

James
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Jamesj, thanks for getting back to us. Checking your connection from this side I can see we are seeing your connection currently ongoing however when testing the router looks to be out of sync and not authorised (despite our connection graph showing only 1 brief drop in the last 27 days) which hints that there may be an issue with your router set-up currently.
Can I ask what your current router set-up is whether you're using the Hub One we sent out or if you have a 3rd party router/modem+router set-up?
Also, does your router plug into a micro filter and then into your phone socket or does it bypass a micro filter and plug directly into one of the 2 inputs you have on your socket?
Feel free to drop me a private message of your current router/socket set-up as currently our testing is leaning towards the home environment where the no sync issue may be coming from.

Although the no sync and no authentication I'm seeing in the testing looks to be a problem as mentioned I can confirm we're currently getting 61.3Mbps download and 20Mbps upload to the router. The download speed does look to be marginally under the lower end estimate however this could be due to the issue advised above.

I look forwards to hearing from you.

Jamesj
Hooked

Hi Ben, thanks very much for getting back to me.
I am using the Hub One with the microfilter provided (it has ADSL filter written on it). I plugged in the new modem a while ago when it arrived, as I thought that the fibre connection had started with it, so have been using it since.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Jamesj 

I tried to call you just now to discuss this but there was no answer, I've done some digging and there seems to be a records issue I'm trying to get to the bottom of. Would it be possible to dial 17070 from a home phone handset plugged into your telephone socket to find out the assigned telephone number of the active line?

Please send me a private message with the number or add a reply to the ticket I've raised on your account Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet