cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not arrived, live date on monday. Should i be worried?

FIXED
rav4803

Router not arrived, live date on monday. Should i be worried?

Started the switch from regular DSL to FTTC at the start of this week, was a little surprised to see the live date only 7 days away (19 March).  As i've only got the old Plusnet 2704N router i opted for a new Hub One, but according to the member centre it hasn't been dispatched yet, only showing 'hardware dispatch pending'.  What are the odds of it arriving in time, or am i going to be unable to connect until it does?

5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Router not arrived, live date on monday. Should i be worried?

Fix

Your upgrade order is actually committed for delivery on the 28th, not the 19th. The system is designed to dispatch your router a couple of days ahead of this date.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

rav4803

O.o  Okay that solves an issue ... did i miss that date on the website when i changed the product?  A little confusing with the date in the email then Smiley

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I think the order was originally placed with a required date of the 19th. Our suppliers couldn't meet that date though, so adjusted the order accordingly. Apologies that wasn't communicated very well (if at all!) Undecided 

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I'm staggered that when 'your supplier' advises Plusnet that the required date will not be met that the router despatch date is automatically delayed but there appears to be no such system to inform the customer, who is left disappointed.

Has it not occurred to the Plusnet suits (or are they in total ignorance of such problems) that this starts off the relationship with a new subscriber on the wrong foot and that there is an urgent need to improve systems?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Baldrick1

This is an issue that the SU's have had on our 'discussion' list with PN for some time!  Recently it has been re-raised as needing some fairly urgent attention, so it may just happen.  Evil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.