cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not arrived and transfer date from but tomorrow

JAIC

Router not arrived and transfer date from but tomorrow

Received an email Friday to advise router been despatched. Still not arrived and switch date was set for 7/7/20. However have received 2 texts from plusnet advising 2 different dates for new service, 7th and 8th? I work from home so internet is essential so am concerned I will be left with no internet tomorrow. As plusnet arranging the switch from bt will I be able to continue with but until plusnet service activated?

3 REPLIES 3
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Router not arrived and transfer date from but tomorrow

Hi @JAIC 

If you have a BT router you could configure it for Plusnet. How to do that is covered somehere on here

Dave

JAIC

Thanks. I think I saw that somewhere recently. Goods news my router has just been delivered so panic over although am still unsure as to which date transfer will take place. Hopefully will go smoothly as beginning to regret my decision to switch after finding no way to speak to customer service! 😫

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

However have received 2 texts from plusnet advising 2 different dates for new service, 7th and 8th?

The one for the 8th , I suspect says 'by midnight on the 8th' ?

In PlusNet speak, this really means by 00:00 on the 8th , i.e anytime up to midnight on the 7th. Hope that explains the seemingly contradictory messages.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.