cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not arrived activation date tomorrow

gcrow77

Router not arrived activation date tomorrow

and as it is a Sunday no-one can help. I'm at work 9-5 tomorrow with no chance of a break big enough to hold a conversation whilst it is half-term when my kids will be wanting to use the fibre more than usual.
Can anyone enlighten me as my order summary suggests that my router isn't even in the post yet!
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Router not arrived activation date tomorrow

It's possible that your activation date has been put back and no-ones told you. If you put your phone number in here does it say anything about open orders and when they will be addressed?  Alternatively have you got a BT router knocking about? If so you will find how to used that on the Router board.  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gcrow77

It would be nice to be kept informed especially since I am being charged through the nose by my existing provider but mainly as I need to have the ability to use wifi-calling as I don't get a good enough mobile signal at home.

Hopefully I can use the webchat facility tomorrow whilst working to get some answers.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @gcrow77, I'm sorry to hear there's been somewhat of a lack in communication in regards to the progress of your orders and router being dispatched. Checking from this side I can confirm that both services are still committed for today and both phone line and broadband should be active before midnight tonight.

I'm afraid when checking into the router order status it looks like the automated system doesn't seem to have picked up on that your orders were committed and therefor the router wasn't processed when was supposed to. I have pushed the router order along and this should be out and with you within the next 3-5 working days (although we usually see it arrive in 1-3). I am sincerely sorry that this has happened and meant the start of your service may not be as smooth as both you and we would have hoped for. By all means however, if you have any older routers from other providers still we could look at setting one of those up in the meantime if you could please let us know the provider/make+model of the router.

Once the router does arrive and you're up and running by all means drop us a message on here and we'll happily look to refund for your downtime and also look at applying a goodwill gesture for this poor start to your service.