cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router hasn't arrived

beckymontgomery

Router hasn't arrived

My router hasn't arrived yet and my Internet is due to start tomorrow. I have been trying to contact plusnet for 2 days and it has been extremely challenging. I have phoned, live Web chat, emailed and tweeted. Still no response. Really bad customer service experience for me and I haven't even started with plusnet yet!
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Router hasn't arrived

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Nev

Hi There

sorry to hear your having problems, doesn't bode well for me either then!  My broadband was supposed to have gone live by midnight yesterday.  I hasn't and my old provider has now been cancelled so no internet for me!  Plusnet haven't even bothered to send an email or text to apologise or explain why they haven't kept there deadline.  Ive looked on the website but that's useless.  I haven't even been ordered a router yet according to the website even though I was to go live last evening

I tried ringing them today but all I got was a taped voice saying their busy and ring back tomorrow.  Very bad service.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @beckymontgomery and @Nev Smiley Sorry to hear you've not received your routers, I can see that both of your broadband orders are still in process which might be why you've not received your routers yet. To avoid any delays though, I can confirm that both routers have now been dispatched and will be with you both within 3-5 working days via Royal Mail. 

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
beckymontgomery

Thanks for your reply. This doesn't excuse the fact that I have been told I have to wait until 20th August after ordering my broadband on 18th July. Yes, plusnet had finally now explained about this but the lack of communication in the beginning and the lack of response now about my upset is causing a great anxiety in my commitment as a customer. I was told I would receive a minimum of 2 months free as a gesture of good will, by a technical support member of staff, but since then I have had no contact from anyone, and no confirmation or gestures of good will and I feel pretty sick of it. I need Internet to be able to work from home and so I am having to spend out alot of money buying extra data for my mobile phone to hot-spot this. I need support from plusnet right now.
Nev

Thanks for the reply.

I really had no idea that it would be such a difficult/disappointing experience signing up to Plusnet beforehand or I would never have started the process.  I signed up on the 15/07/20 and was informed by email & text that my broadband would go live on the 03/08/20.  A router was supposed to be delivered a few days before this date but it never arrived.  I also had a text message on the 07/08/20 saying my router was in the post and was on its way, which was untrue, as I have received an email today 11/08/20 saying router is being dispatched today.

I am a customer of Plusnet already as I have my mobile phone account with them, which I may reconsider as I am using more and more of my data so I can keep having internet at home.  The extra data I purchase from plusnet mobile so I can continue getting online is just another slap in the face as I have already paid Plusnet a month in advance for Fibre.  A win win for Plusnet.