cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router has not arrived

FIXED
Hrs365

Router has not arrived

Just joined plusnet and was expecting the router before the email or active broadband arrived.
I am working from home and need internet without having to spend on personal hotspot. It’s weekend and the router is no where. Very very disappointed and it’s sad to experience this and paying for broadband when I am unable to use it. Please fix this and send a new router next day delivery before I escalate. I hope I have not made a mistake joining plusnet.
9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Router has not arrived

@Hrs365 

The hubs are normally automatically sent out by first class post a few days before your go live date. Have you received a text saying that your service is up and running? This can be delayed from the scheduled date due to the lack of Openreach technicians.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Hrs365

Thanks for your reply.
I received an email that the router has been dispatched on 2June.
I then received another email saying that the broadband is now active but no router as of yet. I would expect plusnet to provide tracking number cause I see lots of customers have had same issues. If this issue is recurring then solving it from the root cause should be prioritised? No? Either Royal Mail are getting it wrong or plusnet not doing what it said it would do?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

The vast majority of routers reach their destination after dispatch on time.  On has to wonder where the many unopened brand new Plusnet routers on eBay come from...

As @Baldrick1 notes though, there can be delays to installation dates which arise after the order has been processed, which might result in the dispatch of the router ... but no clear communication of such to the user.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Fix

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Router to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Hrs365 and welcome to our Community Forums

I'm sorry to see you've not received your router yet.

I can see we passed a router for you onto Royal Mail on the 2nd June. Our routers aren't tracked but they're sent 1st class post so I'd have expected to it to have landed by now.

Can you check you haven't been posted one of those 'sorry we missed you' cards the postie likes to put through the door if there's no-one home to accept delivery assuming the box won't go through the letter box?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aleksamiau

I am going through the same thing right now... I feel I made a mistake joining the plus net.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @aleksamiau

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to hear that you#re having issues with receiving your router. I've looked into the account and can see that it was supposedly dispatched on 13/09/202. As per @Gandalf 's post above though, have you not received a "sorry we missed you" card from Royal Mail at all?

We do have to advise customers that routers can take up to 5 working days to arrive once they're dispatched, which would put us on 20/09/2021. Let's hope it arrives by then. If not, we would be able to initiate an RMA process which gets another sent out.

I've seen your note on the account regarding cancellations too, any such thing would need to be discussed with our Customer Options Team, you can get through to them on their direct number - 0800 013 2632.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
aleksamiau

Thank you for your response @adam945. I have not received 'sorry we' ve missed you' card.
I've paid my previous broadband provider full month's fee and it was cut off on 16th of September and now I have not Internet at all.
Absolutely disappointed.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

I can empathise @aleksamiau and would again like to reiterate my apologies for the inconvenience caused here. In terms of your previous provider, if their billing process is anything like ours, you would paid a full months service as in theory, the switchover could have been cancelled. Now that the line has moved across though, you should receive a pro rata refund on your final bill with them. I've updated the notes on the open complaint, and our team will review the account again tomorrow.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds