cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router has arrived but is my broadband ready to go?

jcjanet72

Router has arrived but is my broadband ready to go?

Hello,

I recently upgraded our broadband package from ADSL to Fibre and we received the router in the mail today. The gentleman I talked to last week said to wait for an email confirming that our new broadband is ready to use; however I noticed through the Order Tracker on the website that the broadband is ready to use. I was inquiring about whether it's fine to set up the router or should I disregard what the tracker says and what for email confirmation?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Router has arrived but is my broadband ready to go?

Th router will work on both ADSL and Fibre , so you're ok to plug it in now. The router will automatically adjust when the upgrade happens.

The fact that the old router still works tends to indicate that the upgrade hasnt happened yet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jcjanet72

Thanks for the reply.

I just set the new router up and it's working fine. The speeds are the same as before so the upgrade isn't complete yet.

Thanks for the help.

jcjanet72

Hello again.

I thought that, rather than open up a new topic, I'd post here in regards to inquiring about the progress of my upgrade. It's closing in on two weeks since we upgraded our broadband and we're still waiting on it. I can totally understand that, what with the current situation and all, that things might be lagging behind but we haven't received any updates via email other than the one last week, telling us the router had been sent out.

Thanks again for any help.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

The committed date for the order is today. However, as of yet, we've not had confirmation of the order completing. It's likely to complete today but you'll not get official notification while tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team