Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router dispatch

Anonymous
Not applicable

Router dispatch

Hi,

I've ordered fibre and a new phone line, and have an engineer coming tomorrow to install the line.  I've been told that the service is expected to go live tomorrow too.

My concern is that on the Starter Pack page of my account, it is showing as "Hardware dispatch pending - The order has not yet been placed@".

Does this mean that tomorrow I will have an active line but wont be able to use it because I wont have a router?  Or will the engineer bring the router with him when he visits? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Router dispatch

I've ordered the router for you and we'll get it to you as soon as we can.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I wouldn't expect an Engineer to visit your house anyway, Plusnet's standard offering is now self install Huh

/Edit sorry just reread OP new phone line will need engineer doh...Lips_are_sealed

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Matthew,  thanks for putting in the order.  Its frustrating that the router now wont arrive until after the line is active.  Any reason why the routers arent sent out as soon as orders are placed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My OP is badly (incorrectly?) worded. I have orded fibre and phone from plusnet.  There is already a BT line into the property.  I'm surprised that this requires an engineer rather than flicking a switch somewhere in a cabinet.  

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Yeah the line needs an engineer as the line is disconnected and we need him to re-connect this and check the socket is working or connect a brand new socket. The routers are automatically dispatched 3-5 days before the broadband is due to go live to stop customers from connecting the router early as this could cause issues on the line.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ben.  That makes sense.  The OpenReach engineer came around and did my phone line.  And my router arrived in record time.  I've had no confirmation that my phone line or fibre is active though,  so have not connected anything up.  Any idea how long this should take?  I'd have thought it would have been sorted when the engineer was over?