Did you mean: 

Router Not here yet ?

FIXED
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Router Not here yet ?

Hi @Simonsimps, looks like you now have an active connection.

Can you let us know if you are still having issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Simonsimps
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@LaurenB

Yes all connected now but I have lost download speed, upload speed it the same.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @Simonsimps

What kind of download speeds are you seeing from your side? I have checked your line for you, and I'm seeing speeds of 45.7Mbps.

Simonsimps
Rising Star

Yes I'm getting between 42Mbps and 45Mbps.

I had 50Mbps odd on BT

Thanks for the reply @deank.

5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 02:37:23
6. Data rate: 8913 / 45697
7. Maximum data rate: 8951 / 52058
8. Noise margin: 6.0 / 5.8
9. Line attenuation: 29.1 / 21.7
10. Signal attenuation: 28.8 / 20.2
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi again,

Looking at your estimates, we expect to see anywhere between 40-56Mbps on your line. This can fluctuate, but the speeds you are quoting are what we would expect to see on your line and within estimates.

Simonsimps
Rising Star

Oh ok thanks.

I was just wondering why it had gone down to what was a very stable connection. It's even the same router.

Will keep an eye on it.

results.JPG

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

@Simonsimps

I was just wondering why it had gone down to what was a very stable connection. It's even the same router.

It's possible, if your line had been stable for a long time with your previous ISP, that the DLM had reduced the target SNR to 3db, thus giving a higher speed. When the line is migrated to a new ISP the DLM is reset (although there's some talk of it not being in the future) and the target SNR will go back to 6db. Hopefully the DLM will eventually return the target back to 3db and your speed should go back up.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Simonsimps
Rising Star

@MisterW

I really do hope so. Thanks for the reply.

I have had my line for 14 years with BT so know it quite well. I have line stats for the last 2 years so know what it's capable of in terms of speed. But I know more people have been added to the cabinet and have watched my speed drop due to this.

This sudden drop is probably as you say DLM  so I will give it a week and see if it settles. I had an issue last year when I plugged in a new smart hub and it kept restarting all the time which caused DLM to kick in and throttle me. An engineer had to come out and reset my line after he did all the usual checks on my line and home wiring, which was fine.

We shall see. Smiley

baileyterrace

Just the same for me as well, supposed to be going live next Friday with switch from BT and I am going away 2 days later for 6 weeks! I am beginning to wish that I hadn’t switched as it seems impossible to contact plusnet by phone or email

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, @baileyterrace don't worry that's not an issue. We actually send the router out to reach you a day or two prior to activation. I've had a look at your account and there's nothing to indicate that it won't reach you in time. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
baileyterrace

Many thanks