cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Dispatch?

CJ18
Grafter

Router Dispatch?

I'm switching to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre with an activation date of 6/7 March.  As my router wasn't showing as processed or dispatched I asked via the Question system when this would be happening and have since had a text message saying it's in the post and a response from the Support team telling me the same thing.  They added that if the router hasn't arrived by 3 March (Friday), to let them know and they'll dispatch another for my live date (Monday/Tuesday).

The router hasn't arrived yet and the status for the router on my order shows as 'Hardware Dispatch Pending - The order is awaiting processing'.  So I don't know which to believe!

Does anybody know if this is something to worry about or all is actually fine?  Having read through the forums it seems the status messages are often misleading but I don't want to make assumptions and do what I can to make my service transition as smooth as possible.

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Router Dispatch?

Sorry to hear that.

Based on the time it was ordered I imagine it'll be dispatched tonight but I'll check your account tomorrow to make sure.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
CJ18
Grafter

Thank you for the reply.  I had to wait 24 hours for my question to the Support Team to be answered (and didn't receive an email informing me of the response), so the forums are obviously a lot quicker!

If it appears the router is being dispatched today why did I receive a text message yesterday telling me it had just gone in the post?  Shouldn't your system give a definitive answer?

I've got my fingers crossed the router will turn up in the next couple of days but I would have thought the situation should be clearer than it is.  But again, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I too have a switch-over date for the 6th March, and my router arrived at dinner-time today, yet was told it was still "being processed". Maybe it's just a 'catch-up' problem..not updated yet, just a thought.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
June1
Dabbler

I'm also due to be upgraded to Fibre on Monday 6th March and still haven't received my router. Order was initiated on 20th February. Whats going on please ?

CJ18
Grafter

Good news in my case, the router arrived this afternoon.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@June1

Your router was ordered earlier this week, I'd expect it to arrive very soon.

@CJ18

Good to hear, thanks for letting us know.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
CJ18
Grafter

I received an email on Saturday morning telling me my router had been dispatched and would take 3-4 days.  I don't know if this means I'll get a second one, but I really think this communication needs to happen quite a bit earlier in the order process.

Many thanks for the responses from Plusnet support on this forum, though.

June1
Dabbler

I have since Friday had 2 more emails saying that my router has been dispatched but fortunately no more have arrived. I did receive 2 on Friday. Hub1 and another similar to my ADSL one that requires an additional modem. When I phoned Plusnet they don't want the spare back.

I am pleased to say that I am now receiving fibre as promised but was a little confused as I received an email overnight to say my order had been completed but it hadn't. Then this morning I noticed my old router  internet light wasn't on so I set up the new one. I hope yours is as smooth as mine seems to be. Crossed fingers