Did you mean: 

Reward Card

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Reward Card

Hi @rubix1942

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues.

I've had a look at your account and I can see you've raised an online complaint, so someone from our complaints team should be picking that up for you shortly to discuss.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Glaschu

Don't worry, folks! Even if you do receive the card timeously (as I did), you still have 3 months to try and work out how to register the card on a website that modern browsers cannot reach. (It's there - just not reachable by Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Brave.) Ever feel you've been had?

EmmaT
Hooked

Hi, I also upgraded for Fibre Broadband on 3rd February, but haven't had an email about the £50 reward card.  I've been checking my spam folder, but haven't found anything there.  Do you know when this will be arriving?  Thanks.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there Emma, I've needed to send a query off to our billing team to look into that for you, please bear with us and I'll make sure we get back to you in the next few days when we get an update. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
EmmaT
Hooked

Thanks Adam, do you need any account details for this?

EmmaT
Hooked

Sorry, cancel that!  I've just had an email notification 👍

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries Emma and do let me know if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
EmmaT
Hooked

Hi @adamwalker, it's been a week and no sign of the Reward Card email.  Is there any news back from the billing team please?  Thanks, Emma

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @EmmaT, thanks for getting back to us. I am sorry you still haven't received your reward and that you haven't yet had an update.

I have provided a further response on this on your open ticket here for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222610260

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@PeteMar wrote:

I don't agree with your comments about tracking and cookies. Your customers have no way of knowing how you design your internal computer systems, and it is wrong for you to use that as an excuse. They cannot know how tracking might be affected when they are sent to your website by the various websites on which you allow your services be marketed, or indeed the full reality of what tracking means. Nor are they in any position to be able to know the full impact of the cookies that Plusnet choose to put into place when designing their website.

The point is well made - it was raised some years back by the SUs.  It is quite reasonable that a user might look at multiple comparison sites, resulting in a multitude of detritus (aka cookies) being deposited on a user's machine.  At the time of sign-up a user has not way of knowing what not expressly mentioned is part of the package being purchased.  It should be incumbent upon the supplier yo make clear in the sign-up journey what (if any) bonus deals are included in what is being signed up for, BEFORE the user clicks "buy".  Given that the sign-up needs to "track" something to invoke the bonus deal, then the tracking data will be there (or should be at the time of signup) and easy enough to display.

Frankly I consider this all to be messy business practices, which cost (waste) time and money.  It would be far simpler to knock £6 a month off the rental for 12 months and ditch all of the admin and cost of running cashback et al.  Yes it would mean a "bigger" price rise at the end of the minimum period ... but that would be the deal users were signing up to.

However, there is a reality which infers it is buyers wanting some thing for nothing which drives companies to market their offerings in this bazaar manner - it is a kind of bartering system!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

EmmaT
Hooked

Hi, I spoke to Blackhawk the card providers on 24th March, and they had nothing on their system from Plusnet to request the reward card, despite Plusnet saying it had been issued on 22nd February. 

I spoke to Plusnet on 31st March and again today on 8th April, but nobody could tell me why the request hadn't been received by Blackhawk.  I've been given a £50 credit on my account, but would have preferred to have had the card.  

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue when trying to get the reward card?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Emma, 

I'm really sorry to see you've not had any joy getting your reward card yet. Sad

I've not noticed anything like that but with the credit added instead, we wouldn't be able to investigate further unfortunately.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
EmmaT
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,

I'm not happy that this isn't going to be looked into further as I wasn't given the option whether or not to accept the credit.  The advisor I spoke to today told me he'd added it to my account after he'd done it, without checking with me first.  I said after he'd told me he'd added the credit that I'd prefer to have the card to spend as I wanted, but he just said I'd still be saving £50, and it would save me going back and forth between you and the card provider, who had told me on 24th March that they hadn't received a card request from you. 

I'd happily give up the credit if it means that this can be looked into further, and the £50 reward card I originally signed up for sent to me.  Please let me know what you can do to help.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Really sorry to see this. I can't remove a credit once added due to how our systems work, but I've raised this back through to our billing team for you to investigate further.

As soon as I've got a response I'll let you know as I'm taking ownership of your complaint and I've updated the ticket on your account you can view by going Here.

I'll call you back before the close of play on the 13.04.22 at the latest to follow up.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DeMe

Maybe I'm just impatient and it'll happen in due course, but I've been with Plusnet since 3rd March 2022 and haven't heard anything about my reward card as yet.  I'll keep waiting....