cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward Card

pyrotekki

Reward Card

Hi,

It's been 10 working days now and still no email received with a link to claim the reward card.

Could someone from the forum team look into this?

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27
ThePillenwerfer
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Reward Card

Same here and I joined PlusNet in January.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @pyrotekki,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not yet received your redemption email. So that we can chase this up for you, please can you confirm whether this is related to your mobile account or if it's related to a home phone/broadband account?

Hi @ThePillenwerfer,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. I've had a look into this now. My response contains account specific information so I've added this as a ticket on your account which you can view here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
pyrotekki

Hi @EmilyD 

This is for my home phone/broadband account.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @pyrotekki,

Thanks for confirming that info.

I have created a ticket on your account with further information. You can view the ticket here.

Thank you.

ThePillenwerfer
Rising Star

Thank you @EmilyD  for your reply telling me that this offer wasn't on when I joined.  I am prepared to accept that I got it wrong, though it's a strange thing to have imagined, and I can't prove anything either way as I didn't take any screen-shots at the time. 

What made this offer stand out (erroneously as it transpires) was the thought that this would off-set the installation cost.  This was something else that was far from clear.  The list of packages said "£5.00 £10.00 activation fee applies."  I wondered about this as my BT line had been out of use for ten years but deeper digging revealed "Start a stopped BT line: Free"  However as my line had been physically disconnected I had to pay the full installation fee.  This in itself wasn't a deal-breaker as even after adding that cost I'm still paying far less than I was to my previous supplier, and getting better service.  It would however have been nice for this to be made clearer from the start. 

There have been several posts on here recently from people getting charged for installation when they weren't expecting it.  Deeply burying the information and referring to things like an "LLU Line" isn't much help to people with no knowledge of how the telecommunications industry works.  I think I know a bit more than the average person but I don't know what a "Stopped" line is that can be started for free compared to mine that couldn't; I can only assume that it's one that hasn't been out-of-use for long enough for Open Reach/BT to get 'round to snipping the actual wires.  It would seem far better to say "Activation fee £5.00*" and then lower down "*Subject to the premises having an active BT line.  For details of charges applicable in other circumstances see [Link]"  This would cause less ill-feeling from subscribers thinking they have been somehow diddled.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks you for your detailed feedback @ThePillenwerfer.

I will pass this feedback to the relevant department for you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

MC22
Rising Star

I signed up for Fibre Extra via a USwitch Exclusive Deal for £27.95 on a 18 month contract with no Activation Fee and a £70 Plusnet a Reward Card. We’re absolutely delighted with the service but we also haven’t received any claim email for the Reward Card. 

Regards, M.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @MC22

Thank you for your time on the telephone today it has been a pleasure.

I have created a complaint ticker for you here

Please feel free to get back in touch should you require further assistance as we're more than happy to help.

Kind Regards

wedjateye

I also moved to plusnet fibre through uSwitch with the offer of a £70 reward card. I went live on 26/2 but have yet to receive the promised ‘claim’ email. It’s not in my junk mail.

Generally happy in my switch from skyQ, though had to replace the supplied router with a BT HH6 to get decent WiFi. 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @wedjateye,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I have checked over your account and need to ask a question before I raise this to our back-office team. Could you confirm if you signed up via an affiliate like MSE, comparethemarket.com etc?

Thank you.

wedjateye

Yes, I found the deal on uSwitch (as stated in my post) and was re-directed to Plusnet to sign up. 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great.

Thanks for confirming that @wedjateye.

I have created a ticket on the account with further information for you. You can view the ticket here.

Thank you.

wedjateye

Many thanks Mads!

MC22
Rising Star

Hello again Ollie, It’s now been a further two weeks since you responded to my original question. Regrettably I have still not received the promised £70 Reward Claim Email.