cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward Card provider is Hawk Incentive Holdings Limited

Armin_Tamzarian
Grafter

Reward Card provider is Hawk Incentive Holdings Limited

I did not receive my £75 Reward Card claim email within 10 working days of my broadband being activated. So I raised a question to Plusnet and this was the response:

Our cashback team have advised that there has been an error in our reporting system which normally sends new sign ups to grassroots (the company that issue our cashback rewards) and that any customers who signed up on or after the 29th of April haven't yet received their cashback redemption emails.

Today, 16 working days since activation - I received the Reward Card claim email. I submitted my claim and then checked the Reward Card terms and conditions.

The T&Cs include the following:

Hawk Incentive Holdings Limited (whose registered office is at Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP3 9TD (company registration number: 4155659)) is the entity that has requested that a card is issued to you, on behalf of the party who provided you with this card, and is responsible for providing all the services associated with your card, including but not limited to providing customer service and managing any disputed transactions on your behalf. Blackhawk Network Inc., who also owns Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd, ultimately owns Hawk Incentives Holdings Limited.

https://legal.purecard.com/terms

The Companies House website shows that Company no. 4155659 changed their name on 03 May 2018 - from The Grass Roots Group Holdings Limited - to Hawk Incentive Holdings Limited.

My question to Plusnet: 
Why have you been telling customers that the Reward Card provider is Grass Roots when they changed their name to Hawk Incentive Holdings Limited more than a year ago?

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Reward Card provider is Hawk Incentive Holdings Limited

Hi @Armin_Tamzarian,

To be honest, we've not received any comms internally regarding a name change, however I'm not sure it's particularly relevant as it doesn't change our escalation processes at all internally on front line support.

If the redemption email hasn't been received we would check a Grassroots cashback tracker and the promo code on the account.

If the account doesn't show up on the tracker, we'd email our billing team, who would in turn chase this up with the cashback vendor.

If I had to direct a customer towards the card provider, due to problems activating the card etc. I'd advise that they are Purecard in line with our cashback/reward card FAQ Here, and the link you've mentioned:

https://legal.purecard.com/terms

Apologies for any confusion or concern this has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Armin_Tamzarian
Grafter

Thank-you for your reply, @HarryB 

I agree that it is not particularly relevant to the customer (i.e. me) which company actually provides the card. But customers who have not received the Reward Card claim email within 10 working days have been told by Plusnet CSAs that the card provider is a company called "grassroots" or "Grass Roots".

If PlusNet CSA's are providing this information to customers then it ought to be factually correct. The company is called Hawk Incentives Holdings Limited and has been since May 2018.

You said:

If I had to direct a customer towards the card provider, due to problems activating the card etc. I'd advise that they are Purecard in line with our cashback/reward card FAQ Here

Purecard is not a company - it is simply a brand operated by Hawk Incentives Ltd. This is stated on the Purecard website here:

https://www.purecard.com/help/TermsOfUse

I can assure you there is no confusion on my part: I know the name of the Reward card provider: Hawk Incentives. The confusion about this is entirely at PlusNet.

Please can Plusnet update their internal processes so that CSAs are not giving out-of-date information to customers?

Regards,

AT

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Armin_Tamzarian,

Thank you for raising your concerns with us, I will ensure they are passed to the relevant team in regards to the information you have pointed out. The process we use is still the same as what my colleague has linked you to

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team