cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review of transfer of services.

SueSwann

Review of transfer of services.

I just want to pass on my experience to Customer Service so that they can prevent this from happening to other customers.

I placed an order and was told service would begin Mar 25 or 26. Was notified by BT that my service would end on Mar 25. Told by Plusnet to wait until I received a text before setting up my router. BT service was duly ended early on Mar 25. No text from Plusnet until Mar 26 saying my phone line was up and working. I was still waiting for text about being able to set up router. Finally on Mar 27 I tried to set up router anyway. Everything is working well. Checking my email I find I would have been able to set up router on Mar 25.

This means that I was needlessly without internet for 2 days as BT had ended their service and I was unable to access email and find out that my new phone service being activated meant that I could set up my router. 

I waited until this morning, Mar 27, to set up my router because all the information I had said service might not start until midnight on Mar 26. 

My suggestion is to make sure the previous provider stays connected long enough for customers to receive email updates, and that the text about phone service being activated clarify that it also means you can set up your router.

Thank you,

Sue.

3 REPLIES 3
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Review of transfer of services.

Hi @SueSwann

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your order journey and the experience you had.

I am sorry that you did not receive a text message regarding your activation, this should usually come alongside an email sent. Did you receive any text messages during the order process?

Unfortunately the old provider cannot remain active long enough for the order to complete as this remaining active will itself prevent the order completing as when we arrange an order to provide service there will be a stop (cease) order placed by the losing supplier that has to complete to allow the new suppliers provide order to continue.

Once again I do apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused.

SueSwann

Hi Warwick,

I got one text during the actual switch over day/s to say the phone line was ready. I was waiting for one saying it was ok to set up the router as it had been made very clear by email and in the included instruction book that I should not do this ahead of time.

That is my major concern, that it wasn't made clear that the phone line being in service meant that it was time to set up the router. I just wanted to help make sure that didn't happen to other customers.

Sue Swann.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @SueSwann

Thanks for your response and i do agree regarding the communications you received, these could be a little clearer for you and all customers when switching or upgrading their service.

I will pass these comments on to the relevant department for them to investigate the possibility of amending the communications in the future.