Did you mean: 

Retaining Phone Number

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

Re: Retaining Phone Number

Thanks for waiting.

After discussing this with the support team at Openreach for a considerable length of time, I'm sorry to say but we're unable to retain your telephone number.

I've been advised that your number first started life at a different exchange as a BT number. It was then ported to the exchange your line is connected to at the moment onto TalkTalk's equipment/database.

Unfortunately as your number does not exist on the Openreach side of things there, I'm afraid I've been advised that it's simply not possible to use your number on a BT line at your address.

As the rangeholder (the provider which the number first started life on) is BT, the only way I see it to retrieve your number back is for the possibility of TalkTalk raising a "ceased in error" request with Openreach to port the number onto their network.

Alternatively, we'll be happy to continue on with your order providing you with a new number.

Again please accept accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Abz85
Dabbler

Iv spoken to ofcom. They said it should be possible as the range holder is BT. New providers can request for number tobe allocated. Surley there must be away to redirect it back onto the exchange. Iv seen other posts on fourum where others have had similar situations its been possible. If i get a new number will i get compensation as this has happened do to misinformation provided both by plusnet and talk talk? Plusnet having cancelled my service at my request due to porting issues. I was told my sevices will resume as normal with talk talk. Talk talk then disconnected my line because the cancellation date came after go live date. I should have been informed of this issues b4 go live date.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

They said it should be possible as the range holder is BT.

Whilst this is normally correct, in this instance as your number doesn't exist with Openreach in the target exchange location, I've been advised by several Openreach advisers and their team manager that it's simply not possible.

Surley there must be away to redirect it back onto the exchange. Iv seen other posts on fourum where others have had similar situations its been possible.

I'm afraid that I've done absolutely everything we can. I've honestly only encountered this issue twice (Including now) since I started working here over 3 years ago, and a similar outcome was reached then.

As a last resort, I'll be happy to try to provision a new line for you on the exchange which your number first started life on. We'll need to go ahead as a new line install, but I can't guarantee that it will be successful.

If i get a new number will i get compensation as this has happened do to misinformation provided both by plusnet and talk talk?

I'll reply to your ticket with a gesture of goodwill.

Plusnet having cancelled my service at my request due to porting issues. I was told my sevices will resume as normal with talk talk. Talk talk then disconnected my line because the cancellation date came after go live date. I should have been informed of this issues b4 go live date.

I do sincerely apologise that we didn't cancel the order sooner and that you were advised it would be possible to retain once the orders completed. I'll make sure feedback is passed on internally to the relevant advisers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet