cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed in March - STILL chasing unpaid cash back

karls

Renewed in March - STILL chasing unpaid cash back

I'm resorting to posting on this board in the hope that I might finally get somewhere.

I renewed in March 2021, prompted by the offer of £50 Cashback. Generally the broadband service I get from Plusnet has been good.

However, despite repeated phone calls to Plusnet, MANY support tickets being raised, promises and assurances from customer service representatives etc etc, I have STILL not received the cashback I was promised. My conversations with customer services have suggested that this is not an uncommon occurrence.

The last couple of communications I've received from Customer Services:

18 May 2021:

the reward has had to be processed again due to errors in processing it the first time so the customer will get it within 30 days from yesterday.

22 June 2021:

As we discussed, I have had a look in to it and looks like it has been processed as stated previously and will receive it soon. I advised that once I have an update I will get back in touch with you and let you know what is going on. 

Needless to say, no-one subsequently got back in touch with me.

I'm absolutely at the end of my tether with Plusnet - I find it incredible that a company that trades so heavily on "award-winning customer service" can be responsible for what is, I regret to say, easily the worst customer experience I have ever had.

Please sort this issue out urgently.

Karl

3 REPLIES 3
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Renewed in March - STILL chasing unpaid cash back

Hi @karls, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sincerely sorry that after chasing this up twice before you're still without your cashback reward and I'm hoping I can help put this right for you moving forwards. I have raised a personal ticket I'll be monitoring on your account moving forwards with further details of how I'd like to help you with this issue and if you could please add a comment on the ticket below with your preferred option then I'll get this in place for you

The ticket I've opened on your account and which requires your attention can be seen here.
( You may need to log into the member center prior to clicking the link above in order to add a comment.)
I look forwards to hearing from you further.

karls

Hi Ben - thank you for your attention.

Firstly I must correct your assumption that I have only escalated this issue twice, before posting on the Community Boards. I have contacted Plusnet at least eight times over my missing cashback, with considerable time spent cumulatively on the phone - if you check back through my history and support tickets you will discover this.

My contract with Plusnet is next up for renewal in September 2022. Given my recent experience, I am highly unlikely to continue with Plusnet past this point.

Thank you again for taking ownership of this issue. I have also replied to the ticket you've raised.

Kind regards

Karl

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @karls, thanks for getting back to me and my apologies you've had to chase this up more than the two occasions I saw when checking from this side. Hopefully with my intervention from here however we can help resolve this issue for you moving forwards. I've updated the ticket on your account further with steps I've taken to honour the cashback reward for you and I'll be monitoring your account further to make sure the actions I've taken go through smoothly for you.
If there's anything we can help you with in the meantime or moving forwards then please don't hesitate getting back in touch.