cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed contract : Odd minimum speeds change in terms

andrewted
Hooked

Renewed contract : Odd minimum speeds change in terms

Hi, I just renewed my contract for 18 months by calling customer support yesterday. I received an offer on my account page with some good terms so I called customer support and renewed my contract.

My actual line is on Fibre Extra Unlimited with a minimum guaranteed of 53 Mbps

The issue I am having is that the customer support lady told me that my minimum guaranteed for the renewal is 40 Mbps and line speeds of 40 to 80, but I have been told these values will be provisionals as they will vary. The actual offer I received from the website was for a minimum guaranteed line of 53 Mbps.

Then I received the email confirmation of new contract and there is no actual number of the minimum guaranteed or the line speeds, just blank as you can see on the pictures attached.

Then I received a notification of a ticket from the customer support lady sending the contract confirmation stating the same 40 Mbps minimum guaranteed speeds.

Called customer support today and they told me that I agreed to a 40 Mbps minimum guaranteed line and that's the way it is, my line is pretty new which shouldn't be go that bad but still... It is very odd that there is such a difference between the website and the customer support and that contract is very odd.

What are my options here? I am still in the 14 days grace period but I would really hate to switch provider, still those minimum terms are kind of a bummer to me and I really cant get my head around why I have been given such numbers.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Renewed contract : Odd minimum speeds change in terms

Hi there, 

I've just had a look into this for you and it looks like I need to pass on some feedback as 40mbps definitely isn't the correct MGALs for the downstream on an FTTC service on your like. I've just updated your account with the right information and I'll get some feedback passed on. Really sorry for any confusion!

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=198698575

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andrewted
Hooked

@adamwalker Thanks Adam, I just saw your message also on the private ticket system.

Does this means that my terms will be changed accordingly to the correct minimum speeds?

Thanks again for the swift response

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @andrewted

I'm afraid we can't amend what's been sent to you but Adam has updated the account so it can be seen by our agents.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team