cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal cashback - nothing after 28 days

FIXED
Vicksmad

Renewal cashback - nothing after 28 days

Renewed my contract back in January, but have heard nothing about my cashback. 28 days was 24th Feb, so just wondering if anyone can help with how much longer it’ll be?  I keep checking junk mail as well.

6 REPLIES 6
amerrigan
Dabbler

Re: Renewal cashback - nothing after 28 days

Hi,
Me too! Literally looking around for info on this (as I've not got mine for the renewal) and saw your post.

Tony

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

First can I make it clear that even as a SuperUser I am just a customer like yourselves and have no access to account information.

Over the last few months I noticed a number of posts regrading lack of emails relating to redeeming the cashback offer. Many people have confirmed that they have checked for spam and I'm sure they have. So my conclusion is that either these emails have not been sent OR they have been silently discarded. Note that these emails don't come from Plusnet, they are sent directly from Purecard who manage the cashback scheme.

I'm aware from experience that an email sent is NOT necessarily an email received. In these days, many email systems (Plusnets included) have anti-spam configurations which can discard obvious spam. If your email is being sent to a Plusnet account address ( someone@<accountname>.plus.com ) then can I suggest that you login to your plusnet account and check the spam settings ( Manage account->manage my mail and look at the 'Discard Obvious Spam' setting on the Spam tab. If you're using an external address then please check if there are similar settings.

Having done that, and adjusted if necessary, I'd suggest that you contact support to advise that the email has not been received and for it to be resent. If you don't get any resolution then I'd raise a complaint.

NB please dont post any actual email addresses in any reply since this is a public forum

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Vicksmad

I’ve had a few rewards from plusnet over the years & I’ve always found the emails to be prompt & not spam. My emails come through my hotmail account & I have my settings good with junk - obviously some slip through both sides to f the coin.

Having seen the amount of issues I’d be more likely to think it’s a plusnet issue, rather than a user issue.

I’ve tried calling but of course it’s difficult to get through because of Covid & I also feel like I’d be ringing for something not so important. That’s why I posted here. I’d like to think someone at plusnet could answer at least one of these queries, or put a post up saying it’s taking a bit longer. As customers we’ve put our faith back in them for 18 months, the least they could do is let us know.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Vicksmad  thanks for the reply.

Having seen the amount of issues I’d be more likely to think it’s a plusnet issue, rather than a user issue.

I would tend to agree, although since the emails come directly from Purecard the problem is more likely there. In the past, where staff have actually checked, then its been stated when the email was sent. Whether this is just a statement from Purecard or someone has actually checked server logs I don't know. In reality, I'm trying to eliminate the other possibilities for emails not being received, then the only conclusion left is that they are not actually being sent.

I’ve tried calling but of course it’s difficult to get through because of Covid & I also feel like I’d be ringing for something not so important. 

Understandable. Its possible that you may get a staff response here but even here they're a bit thin on the ground and there's still some prioritorisation. Raising a complaint is one of the few things that is possible using the old 'ticket' system and thus avoiding tying up the call centre. Maybe give it a day or two to see if you get a staff response here first.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Vicksmad

I’ll give it a few days. I don’t like to raise a complaint - plusnet are one of a few companies who normally give such good service! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for your post @Vicksmad 

I'm sorry to see you've not received your cashback yet from renewing your contract with us. I've raised this across to our billing team to process and I'll provide an update once I've got a response back which should be next week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet