cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regretting switching to plusnet - no router arrived

Zozo

Regretting switching to plusnet - no router arrived

So disappointed with plusnet. We ordered our switch from sky on 30th November and received an email saying our switch date was 15th December and we would receive our new router before then. Got a message saying it was sent on Friday 11th and it can take 3-5 working days to arrive (this only allowed 1 working day!).
Well here we are going into 18th December and still no router. The service apparently went live on 15th but we can't use it with no router.
Called plusnet which was useless and just basically said we just have to wait for it to arrive. No explanation could be given why they sent it so late. Raised an online question (online chat is unavailable so can't complain on there) but noone has bothered responding or keeping us updated at all.
No idea if or when the router will arrive and in the meantime we are without internet, having to work from home in other people's houses (not great in a pandemic). All online subscriptions are being wasted/redundant.
When plusnet make errors like this and routers don't arrive as they're sent out too late, they should really resolve this immediately by sending a replacement router by guaranteed delivery.
Absolutely terrible service so far. Wishing I had stayed with Sky!
3 REPLIES 3
Ludders93
Hooked

Re: Regretting switching to plusnet - no router arrived

I’d call them again as we had the same issue. They can manually get them posted out. Although we signed up to switch from sky 24/10/2020 and still haven’t been connected yet. Been without internet for over a month
Zozo

Thank you. Called again today and they're sending another (as it's now been 5 days). Can i ask, after you hot your router, why didn't your service work? Or are you still waiting for the router?! A month without internet is ridiculous!
Ludders93
Hooked

Hopefully you’ll get your router this time.

Also yeah I’ve had my router for quite a while now but still no broadband. Apparently it’s been stuck in the system for weeks. I’ve been on the phone with Plusnet pretty much every day as I work from home and obviously won’t get paid until I can actually do my work. So now I’m currently part way into my 2nd month of no connection. Still not getting paid from work and have no clue when I will be connected as all I’ve been told is my next update from BT Openreach will be 21/12/2020.

Hopefully you’ll get connected quicker.