Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regretting Moving to Plusnet already

NetExp
Dabbler

Regretting Moving to Plusnet already

Line went live today as planned and had email to say connect router etc,

Router connects but no internet connection. Orange light and red 'b'.

Username on the hub still has setup@plusdsl.net and default password.

Changed it to my username@plusdsl.net and my password, click connect and get orange light on hub.

It doesn’t save your password when you press the connect button, it reverts back to the default password.

Tried to reset the router but still have same problem.

Spent forever on phone to technical support who had me doing all manner of things including unscrewing the front off my little phone connection box !??  Still nothing.

I'm so fed up as I'd had numerous conversation prior to the move when I was constantly reassured all would go smoothly.

Not a good start and no idea when it might get fixed...

16 REPLIES 16
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Regretting Moving to Plusnet already

Hi @NetExp

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for bringing your issue to our attention.

I can see that the fault has been raised and it is now with the relevant team who are investigating and testing this with our suppliers. Any further notifications and updates will be provided by them via the fault ticket raised on the account which can be found through this link here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=160209079

Once again I would like to thank you for contacting us via the community forums and if you need any further assistance then just get in touch and we'll be more than happy to help.

NetExp
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply.  All very frustrating and disappointing.  Has my account definitely been activated?

Also, can I just ask if my new Plusnet Router might be faulty.  I have gone in to look at the Event log and there is a whole load of data for 22 March.  Does this mean it's a second hand router? 

At what point will the router be checked?
Is there a way to check this?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

It's looking like a fault rather than an issue with the router, BT Wholesale are looking into it for us and we'll be able to update you within the next few days. 

Sometimes you might find logs from factory QA testing so I'd not worry about that. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NetExp
Dabbler

My thread appears to have been hijacked!! Any chance you could remove the conversation with JA about his problems to a separate thread or should I start all over again?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi we've separated the threads but don't forget anyone can reply to a forum thread. 

Please take a look at the updates I've added to ticket 160209079 today.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NetExp
Dabbler

Could I have an update on this please. I am still very concerned that BT Openworld are saying they have no record of a fault at my address. Yet your comments above suggest this is the case. 
You previously advised that you would be updating me by text message but this has not been happening and I am expected to keep logging in to check for progress. That’s not especially easy when I have no broadband and am continually having to top up my phone data to get online for work, job hunting, children's homework etc.
Is it better if I just give up and go back to Sky who seem keener to regain my business than Plusnet is to retain it?  I’m sorry but I’ve lost all faith that this is being dealt with as quickly as possible. 
So frustrated.

@adamwalker wrote:

Hi we've separated the threads but don't forget anyone can reply to a forum thread. 

Please take a look at the updates I've added to ticket 160209079 today.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, Openreach won't be able to update you as the problem is logged with BT Wholesale who can only update ourselves. 

I've just added a further update to the ticket for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NetExp
Dabbler

I have responded to your comment on the ticket...

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for taking my call and I'm glad to see this one has been resolved. Apologies for the rocky start to proceedings and just let me know if you need me to follow-up on anything. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NetExp
Dabbler

Thank you Adam.  I seem to finally be online after 13 very frustrating days. 

I just hope things go smoothly from here on and my faith can be restored.

I look forward to confirmation regarding reimbursement.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Marvellous!

No problem, you can always give me a shout in future and yes I'll respond to the ticket now.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cyb_J
Dabbler

@NetExp Congratulations on surviving the horrible experience, and with your sanity intact, but 13 days to provide broadband after line activation is a shameful performance on the part of PN.

I guess I am in the same boat now. After about 3 weeks of cancellations and re-orders my line was finally activated on the 24/10/2017 but since then getting the broadband has become a mirage. Horribly, from what I've seen of your experience, I dread to even think of what life would be in the coming days as I may also have to wait another week or more. PN I kept telling me I will be online in 48 hours and I kept burning money on 4G mobile data thinking it will only be for another 2 days.

What I can't get is why they can't just tell us the truth, when we signed up, what the waiting period would actually be so we can make adequate plans, especially those of us moving from another supplier. But of course that would make PN an outstanding provider... Well, why would they want to be?

What a shame!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi cyb_J, 

I can see we've escalated the issue and we're expecting an update tomorrow so I'll set myself a reminder to get that chased up. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, 

I'm just making sure you've seen our update on ticket 160945539.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team