cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund not received for Broadband cancelled in December

willsswlondon

Refund not received for Broadband cancelled in December

I cancelled my move over to PlusNet on 17th December, 3 weeks after my original order after multiple problems with the order on Plusnet's side (including saying Talk Talk had denied the broadband switchover, when I've never had an account with Talk Talk). On 17th December I received cancellation notification and was told I'd receive a refund of £197.88 (for the line rental paid upfront) in 20 days. This has now passed and I've been on the phone to PlusNet 4 times over the last few days and no one can give me a definitive answer about when I will be refunded (see question 186084690). Please can someone get this refund actioned as soon as possible? I will be going into my overdraft when my credit card bill is taken next week because of this payment and it's causing me a lot of distress.

4 REPLIES 4
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: Refund not received for Broadband cancelled in December

Hi @willswlondon,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry for the delay in processing your refund. I have spoken with the advisor whom you spoke with earlier regarding this. They have advised me that they are currently chasing this up with our Billing department. Please allow 24 hours for an update via the support ticket here

Kind regards,

willsswlondon

Hi Satss,

I've just been told they will refund it by cheque and it may take up to 21 days to arrive, there was no explanation of why they could not repay it back to the card I used to pay. This is a really bad outcome because I no longer live at the property for which I was buying the broadband so will have to travel back to collect this cheque. Added to which having to wait another 21 days will mean this whole refund process has taken nearly two months, I will not be able to make my credit card repayments and will be in my current account overdraft because you have taken so long to issue this refund. 

I chose plusnet because it has good customer service reviews but this whole process has been terrible, from the lack of communication about why my order was cancelled, to me having to ring over 5 times to just get my refund issued, and then keep calling to ask where it is. Please can you look into this?

willsswlondon

@Satss Please can you respond?

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @willsswlondon

Thank you for your time on the phone today. As discussed I have updated the support ticket on your account with further information on this refund. You can view this on your account here