cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent order progress

14cb69
Hooked

Recent order progress

I placed an order for fibre broadband and phone on 19/7/16 and was given a provisional activation date of 3/8/16.I received a welcome letter on 20/7/16 but since have heard nothing.
As it has been over 15 working days since I placed my order I thought I would try contacting the "award winning customer services" to try and enquire about my order.
I tried ringing but got fed up of waiting, tried tracking my order on the website but got nowhere,tried a live chat but was unable to connect.
I understand that there can sometimes be issues when changing suppliers but
according to the plus net web site "switching is a doddle" and is it too much to ask to be kept informed of the order progress and to be given a realistic activation date?
So far I am unimpressed by plus net and I am still waiting for an example of "good honest broadband" or "great customer service"
13 REPLIES 13
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Recent order progress

Sorry to hear that.

From looking at your account it appears your orders weren't placed due to a system issue.

I've placed the orders to transfer you over and we should have further updates in the next 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
14cb69
Hooked

Well it's a good job I started making a fuss then isn't it or "due to a system error" I might have been waiting forever.
I am very disappointed that I had to resort to posting on a forum to get any information, especially when dealing with a company that boasts about award winning customer service.
I have now received a text message informing me that my phone will transfer on 28/8/16,over a month since I placed my initial order and still no news on the broadband order!!!
I am fairly confident that they won't be so slow when it comes to collecting payment.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

No further payments will be took until a month after your services go live.

In addition your broadband will transfer over the same day as the phone does.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
14cb69
Hooked

Not according to BT,I've received an email from them saying my phone line will transfer over on 26/8/26 but not my broadband.Apparently this will be staying with them but as it is now not part of a phone/broadband package the price I will be paying will increase to an even more exorbitant level than it was previously. Has there been another "system error" I wonder???!
As for not being charged any more money, I've already payed for services and a router I am yet to receive and a price increase from BT.
What a shambles
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@14cb69 wrote:
Has there been another "system error" I wonder???!

I've checked your account and our simultaneous phone and broadband order seems to be progressing fine and both the phone and broadband parts of the simultaneous order are committed for 26/08/16 as expected.

@14cb69 wrote:
Not according to BT,I've received an email from them saying my phone line will transfer over on 26/8/26 but not my broadband.Apparently this will be staying with them

For what it's worth, a few months ago when someone advised me that BT had told them the same thing, both their phone and broadband transferred to us on the expected date as we had advised.

Last time this happened, the customer I was dealing with kept going back to BT and was told the same thing over and over. They chose to accept what BT were saying but not what I was saying, until the orders both completed on the expected date as I had advised Roll_eyes

I'm not sure why they're advising only one service is moving, but I can assure you that both our phone and broadband orders are committed and currently appear to be progressing as expected for completion on 26/08/16.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
veloman
Grafter

For what its worth I seem to be in the same boat.

Joined Plusnet 28th July, takes Plusnet until 9th August to inform BT (according to BT), get email from BT on 10th August that Plusnet taking telephone line on 23rd August but not Broadband! Plusnet adamant that both services changing over on 23rd and confirmed with email (in spite of earlier saying it will not change until 24th after 12pm).  BT adamant that they have not received any notification from Plusnet that they are taking Broadband. 

Like the OP I am left wondering what will happen. Will it all go over on same day, will Broadband go a day later so that BT can charge pro rata at £34 a month or worse still will it fail to go and then take at least another ten days or so?

I wonder how many others are experiencing this problem? It seems ironic to me that Plusnet are a part of BT!

14cb69
Hooked

I spoke to BT yesterday and they are absolutely 100% adamant that plus net are only transferring my phone and not my broadband so one of them is telling porkies, I guess we will just have to wait and see which one!
BT are now offering me all sorts of deals to stay with them whilst pointing out at great lengths all of plus nets shortcomings.
Bottom line comes down to price which BT can't match but the downside to a cheaper price so far seems to be poor communication and customer service from plus net.
I don't have a lot of confidence in plus net so far and I will be amazed if the phone and broadband swop goes ahead on the alloted date without a hitch.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@veloman Welcome to the community forums.

I've had a look over your account and it looks like there are a couple of reasons why your order was not placed until 09/08/16 after signing up the account on 27/07/16.

As the account was signed up for the initial fees to be taken by direct debit (as opposed to a card payment on signup) we would have to wait for the direct debit instruction to activate prior to placing any orders. This can take up to 10 working days.

I do apologise for any confusion caused by two different expected completion dates being provided. I believe this was likely due to automation adding a day on to the date as it can take any time up until midnight. Although your order is expected to complete on 23rd, this can be up to midnight on the 24th, i.e. The point when the time goes from 23:59:59 on 23/08/16 to 00:00:00 on the 24/08/16.

I've also checked your orders and like the OP's order, they both appear to be progressing fine and due to complete on 23/08/16. I can only really echo my previous response which has been taken from other examples I've seen of BT advising customers that only one service is moving and this will have an adverse affect on the customer.

@HarryB wrote:
Last time this happened, the customer I was dealing with kept going back to BT and was told the same thing over and over. They chose to accept what BT were saying but not what I was saying, until the orders both completed on the expected date as I had advised Roll eyes

I'd like to say this is the only time I've seen BT Retail/Consumer advising this, but I've seen a few in the time I've been at Plusnet.

@veloman wrote:

I wonder how many others are experiencing this problem?

I also wouldn't mind knowing that. However it's out of our control that BT Retail/Consumer are advising customers that only one order has been placed by the new provider, despite the fact that we have placed both the phone and broadband orders correctly.

@14cb69

@14cb69 wrote:
I spoke to BT yesterday and they are absolutely 100% adamant that plus net are only transferring my phone and not my broadband

I'm not particularly surprised by this unfortunately. It simply backs up what I had said previously.

@HarryB wrote:
Last time this happened, the customer I was dealing with kept going back to BT and was told the same thing over and over. They chose to accept what BT were saying but not what I was saying, until the orders both completed on the expected date as I had advised Roll eyes

As it currently stands for both of you, your orders seem to be progressing fine from what I can see and we have had no notification from our suppliers to advise of any problems.

The orders in progress are also SIM2 orders, so if one side of the order was to fail, it should cause the other side to fail also. (This is to avoid a phone line being migrated, but the broadband failing resulting in the loss of broadband. Or if the broadband went through and the phone failed it could cause adverse affects the other way)

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
veloman
Grafter

Thank you HarryB for taking the time to look into my order and for your explanation.  I feel a little more hopeful but will still be keeping my fingers crossed as I still don't understand why BT insist they have not been notified of Broadband changeover.  Like the OP I too have been offered great deals by BT to stay which, if they had been offered when I first told them I was looking to leave I might have accepted just to avoid the uncertainties involved with change of supplier.  I am beginning to wonder if BT may be employing "project fear" tactics! I too guess that I will just have to wait and see what happens on the day and which side was correct.I will update this thread with my experiences.

veloman
Grafter

Well, although not there yet as my changeover date is 23rd, I am happy to say that things seem to be moving in the right direction. I received an email from BT today and unlike the previous one sent a while ago they now acknowledge that PN have advised them that they will be taking both phone and Broadband. I don't know but it seems to me that PN inform BT of the Broadband change much later than they inform them that the phone line is changing even though both services are moving at the same time and this is what leads to a conflict of information from both parties. Or perhaps PN did inform them and it was some sort of delay within the different sections of BT.

My router also arrived from PN today.  Still keeping fingers crossed but at least feel a little happier about things now.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can't really comment as to what's happening on BT Retail/Consumers side of things, however I believe the broadband order reached a committed state at around the same time as the phone order did.

I'm glad to hear it all seems to be coming together though and that you've also now received your router. Thanks for keeping us updated on what's happening on your side of things Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
veloman
Grafter

I said I would post the outcome of my changeover from BT to PN after a bit of a shaky start to the process. I hope this gives heart to others who may be in the process of changeover.  Today was the date given me by PN for the changeover of my Phone and Broadband although they did say Broadband could take up to 24 hours longer.

At 0630 BT stopped my Broadband service. At 9am a text from PN informed me my Home phone service was ready, there was no loss of telephone service. At 7:30 pm PN texted to say my broadband order had completed successfully. I plugged my router in and connected successfully.

There was some confusion early in the order process with BT saying one thing and PN another.  I am happy to say that PN has been proved to be correct. Thanks!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for coming back and confirming the orders completed on the expected day.

Glad to hear that's all working for you Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet