cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received two dates to go live...what one is correct?

bluewalkie
Hooked

Received two dates to go live...what one is correct?

Good evening. I have two emails from plusnet....one says that my broadband goes live tomorrow (09/06/21) any time up to midnight and other says 10/06/21 any time up to midnight. Just looking for some verification as to the correct date.
8 REPLIES 8
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Received two dates to go live...what one is correct?

Both are accurate but the first one is less confusing. 

The second one would be referring to midnight as 00:00:00 whereas the first midnight is 23:59:59

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @bluewalkie

I understand, I'm not too fond of how our automated system outlines your activation date too!

Your services will be going live on 09/06/2021 (today), but as this process can take up until midnight to complete, it tells you that you're going live tomorrow - as of midnight, if that makes sense!.

So basically, if you wake up tomorrow and you're not live, let us know, and we'll be able to query this with Openreach.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
bluewalkie
Hooked

Great, thanks. Will hopefully be working by midnight then.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@bluewalkie wrote:
broadband goes live
- tomorrow (09/06/21) any time up to midnight
- 10/06/21 any time up to midnight
Just looking for some verification as to the correct date.

That is the difference between a colloquial understanding and a correct precise time.

Colloquially "midnight" is believed to be the end of the day, but the next 00:00 is always "tomorrow".  The end of "today" is 23:59:59.9999 which is not quite midnight.  So in precise terms, "midnight" is always that the start of the day.

We have requested on a multitude of occasions that these email communications do not use confusing references to time, but state more clearly "up to 10th June 2021 00:00" which I think everyone would understand without ambiguity.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bluewalkie
Hooked

Hey everyone. Thanks for your help with this one. So I now have red constant light that was not here yesterday....am I close to it going live? Anyway of speeding things up?
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @bluewalkie

Thanks for reaching out again. I've run some tests on the line and have a feeling that this is an authentication issue, this is quite common, and can occur when the router is switched on prior to the broadband being active. Please follow the steps outlined below to see if you can get it working.

1. Connect a device to your Plusnet Hub Zero router, open up a web browser and in the URL field, enter 192.168.1.254

2. You should now be on your Plusnet Hub Zero settings page. Navigate to Basic settings, enter the admin password if prompted, this is found on your router.

3. Ensure that the correct credentials have been entered, your account username would be accountusername@plusdsl.net, and the password would be the one that you use to log into your online Member Centre.

4. Click Connect, and you should now be good to go.

Please feel free to reach out if you continue to experience problems.

Adam
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@adam945 

Might a factory reset tidy things up automatically?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Townman 

Factory resets often reboot the router into setup mode anyway, so the end user can avoid this and try to manually authenticate instead. If any further issues arise, we'd ask them to do a factory reset.

Adam