cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a email about Home Phone Cancellation

foxtails1992

Received a email about Home Phone Cancellation

Hi ive received a email stating my Home phone  order is cancelled but have received an email in advance stating the date on which my broadband will be activated .why is this so?

5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Received a email about Home Phone Cancellation

@foxtails1992

Welcome to the forums.

As it is the weekend I would suggest it would be faster to phone Plusnet and find out what is really happening.

• Number for new and in progress orders and opening hours is
  • 0800 432 0080 (from within the UK)
  • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
  • 9am - 7pm Saturday
  • 9am - 6pm Sunday

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there @foxtails1992 I am sorry to hear your order was cancelled. Having looked into your account, this related to both your broadband and phone, and I can see it was cancelled by the current provider of the line.

I've raised a ticket to our provisioning team to replace the order for you.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf - Anoush,

Is anyone looking at this (inverted) slamming practice?

Who is the existing supplier here ... is it by chance Sky?

There seem to be a significant number of reports suggesting that loosing suppliers are cancelling gaining supplier orders.  Is anyone profiling this industry issue?

Some less than honest CPs got into deep water by taking over service from users not having clearly requested them to do so ... there now appears to be indications of a practice of inhibiting migration away ... making the gaining supplier look shoddy.

@foxtails1992 - did you tell your existing supplier that you planned to migrate?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Townman wrote:

Is anyone looking at this (inverted) slamming practice?

In short, yes.

@Townman wrote:

Who is the existing supplier here ... is it by chance Sky?

I'll let the OP answer that if they wish to do so.

@Townman wrote:

There seem to be a significant number of reports suggesting that loosing suppliers are cancelling gaining supplier orders.  Is anyone profiling this industry issue?

The reason we were given on this particular one was SP REQUESTED CANCEL OTHER - FAILURE TO CANCEL

As far as I'm aware, this should only be used in the following circumstance:

Despite the customer having requested that the third party cancel the order, they have not and there are fewer than 2 days before the order completes.

The third party in this case being us.

However at the time of the order being cancelled, there were still 16 days before the order was due to complete and we had not been contacted with a request to cancel our orders.

I believe it also is applicable if 8 days have passed since the new provider placed the order. However this happened the day after we'd placed our order.

With the description of this reason code, it would indicate that the customer signed up with us, then requested we cancel the order and advised their current provider of this, at which point they would have the right to stop our order, had we not cancelled it in time. - This is not what has happened in this case as far as I can see.

It has been flagged up with the appropriate people.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Harry,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed explanation - as I can only guess how busy you are. Your response somewhat confirms my suspicion that something is a miss here outside of normal problems. Glad to know that someone has a specific focus on what appears to be inverted slamming.

One awaits with interest to hear if the OP identifies their current supplier.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.