Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-activate old account

FIXED
mbeard
Dabbler

Re-activate old account

Hello all,

I have previously had a Plusnet account, and was very pleased when the email account continued to work free-of-charge after I ended up with a landlord paid-for account with another provider.  So, now I've moved again and I'm back to setting up and paying for my own account.  The continued email account has convinced me that I should try to use Plusnet again but is it possible to re-activate my old account and have it assigned to my new address?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Re-activate old account

Hi @mbeard

Thanks for getting in touch.

That's great news that you are coming back to provide all your services however I am afraid it is not possible to re-enable an email only account to be a full broadband and phone account unfortunately. This would require you to sign up with a new account.

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

mbeard
Dabbler

Thanks for your response Warwick.  

Apparently my account is currently "PlusNet Pay as you Go (Standard)".

Just to confirm, does this mean that it cannot be upgraded to a current broadband account?

Or, Plan B, would I be able to access my old email account from a new broadband account. I.e. send and receive directly rather than having to use a third party such as gmail.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi again @mbeard

I'm afraid this account type cannot be upgraded to receive our current phone and broadband products.

The existing mail account would be left unchanged if you take out a new account, resulting in no reason for you to have to use a third party email account.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Fix

@mbeard In essence you would have two accounts, your new broadband account and your old email-only account. Both of them would have separate login access to the Member Centre. The email-only account will retain it's current Manage My Mail settings. Your new account can have its own (independent) Manage My Mail settings and I would set up at least a default email address there to ensure the email component on your new account is operational. I recommend logging into webmail and sending/receiving a message with the new account to ensure the correct directory structure is created.

Because your new account is a subscription one it can use relay.plus.net for sending messages with its own credentials (username & password) providing authentication when not on a Plusnet connection. The sender name used has to be valid, but it doesn't have to be that for your new account; that is it can be any of your email-only account addresses.

That explanation is a bit complex but I hope it makes sense. Thumbs_Up

David
mbeard
Dabbler

Thanks David for giving a complete explanation of what I can and should do with the two email accounts. Very helpful.