cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Royal Delay by Plusnet and order issue

Tonyh

It seems that this is a regular thing with plusnet. Mine went live today without a router arriving.
Also when i was signing up i was guaranteed a minimum speed which was what i was happy with. Now on my confirmation after payment the email confirmation gives me what i can expect but "minimum speeds was not available at this time" was put in. As i screenshot minimum speed i was promised on my payment page if this is not met then please take this as notice that plusnet will be in breach of contract leaving me free to terminate the insufficient contract at any point.
Not the best service if this is how things start

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title to reflect issue after post has been moved.

8 REPLIES 8
Mav
Fixes: 515

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @Tonyh, welcome to the forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that your router has not arrived in time for your activation. I can see that you called in and there is a plan in place to ensure you are not paying for a service you are not yet receiving. Regardless, please accept my further apologies for the inconvenience.

To reassure you, your estimated speeds are 25-38Mbps and your Minimum guaranteed speeds or MGALS are 20Mbps

However, if ever there is a problem, it is the estimated range that is the benchmark from where we would expect your services to be. If they ever fall below estimates, we will investigate the matter for you, potentially raising this to our suppliers and engineer visits if necessary. 

The MGALS tend to only be a factor if our supplier investigates an issue and by some misfortune cannot resolve the problem and bring your speeds to within estimates.

Tonyh

Re: Royal Delay by Plusnet _Complete apathy

Apparently my email said it was despatched last Wednesday 5/6/19 and no, i still haven't received it yet and it is now 10/6/19 and considering i signed up 23/5/19 and went live 7/6/19 and it still hasn't arrived to say my faith in plusnet has diminished is a severe understatement and if it doesn't arrive by 12/6/19 i will be cancelling my account due to failure to fulfil said contract by plusnet. I shall send my cancellation in writing after 12/6/19 stating my valid reasons for cancellation.
I was actually asked by 2 plusnet customer service people if i had an old router i could use. Maybe i should have given an old bank accounts details for direct debit as this seems to be the way of plusnet.
Sorry for my sarcasm but having 3 children at home and being offered £10 to buy addons so i can buy extra data on my phone for tethering was an absolute insult. 5 phones, 4 netflix screens, 4 youtube channels 3 xboxs and work emails and work and plusnet offer £10 to cover that lot for a whole weekend and more as still offline you must be absolutely joking.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Tonyh my response was aimed at the original poster of this thread. I believe your thread is here: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Re-Royal-Delay-by-Plusnet-and-order-issue/m-p/1645548

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tonyh

Still no router!!!!!!!!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

Tonyh

Still doesn't help my problem. How about you work some of that wizardry and get those pesky hobbits to ship my router asap.
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Sorry to hear this @Tonyh my colleague Gandalf is currently looking into this for you and will reply to you on the other thread shortly.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Edited as related posts from the other thread have been merged to this thread to keep support in one place.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Tonyh I can't see any issues this side which may have caused your router to be waylaid. I can see we dispatched your router on 5th June and then again this morning as well as ordering a 3rd router this today to an alternative address.

As we generally dispatch a router next working day if ordered early enough in the day, I suspect you'll receive two routers within the next few days, one to your home address and one to your alternative one.

With this in mind, can you let us know how it goes by the close of play on Wednesday please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet