cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Just Signed Up To Plusnet - Now Wishing I Hadn't

eddy
Hooked

I transferred to Plusnet on 5 November 2018. Since that date I have had nothing but trouble with the broadband and some aspects of the phone features. My broadband only started working on the evening of13 November 2018.

It is almost impossible to communicate with anyone at Plusnet without spending literally hours on the telephone. The chat service has never been working when I have looked at this possibility.

I should really like to cancel my subscription and go back to my old supplier (Sky) with whom I never had any problems at all.

Does anyone know if I can get a refund? I also paid the line rental in advance, and of course I still

await the pre-paid debit card for £50 that was promised when I signed up.

I do not want to be out of pocket anymore than I already am due to the wasted hours trying to get this service working.

Any advice would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note:

Post split to its own topic for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@eddy

When you signed up to Plusnet you had only 14 days from the next day to cancel and receive a full refund.  So if you signed up in October, you are now past those 14 days. Normally services start 16 days or more after the sign up so once the service goes live you are bound to the contract.

In that case you are in contract for the initial period you agreed to when signing up (12 , 18 , 24 months) .So if you left now, you would lose all money paid so far AND have to pay early terminations fees up to the end date you signed up for. Unless Plusnet agreed otherwise.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @eddy,

I'm sorry you're having issues, and we'll gladly try and resolve any problems you're having.

Initially I'd like to address the issues you're having with your connection. I can see when the account went active there were a few teething problems but as it stands your service is connected, has been stable and has data that is being transferred. A copy of the connection logs are below:

I can also see you've raised a high level escalation which will be dealt with by the escalation team. If you deem that you wish to leave then this is something that they would have to agree to with you following the correct process, we are unable to override this. I'll try and get someone to contact you asap about the ticket but when you raised it it does say their response time is 5 working days for complaints such as the one you've raised. 

The cashback offer you signed up states in the terms and conditions that within 10 days of the account going active you will receive an email to redeem your offer. You have to click a link in that email to fill in the redemption and then any cashback (card, cheque, gift) is issued to you within 60 days. I've checked with the provider that issues these and it doesn't look like the email has been sent (there's a slight delay so it might have been issued over the past couple of days and we just haven't been notified yet). I've sent them an escalation request to get this redemption email resent to you. 

It's worth noting that if you cancel this voids your cashback, you're aware of that?

eddy
Hooked

Thank you. I will await further communications from you or your colleagues.

Regards

eddy 

eddy
Hooked

Hi

I have now given this matter further thought and have decided I would like to leave Plusnet.

As my broadband was not working until 13 November, will you please confirm that I will receive a full refund of the money I have already paid to Plusnet? 

Thank you.

James Simes

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear this James. Unfortunately we're unable to take cancellation requests via our community forums.

If you'd like to cancel you'll need to discuss this with our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 although it's likely that we'd not be in a position to waive any early termination charges unless a faults investigation has been exhausted.

We'd also waive early termination fees and refund your initial fee if you cancel within the 14 day cooling off period, which begins from the day after your account is created. 

I do apologise for the issue you experienced and the delay in getting you up and running. I can see you're online now, so please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet