cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Home Phone - Order cancelled?

wood_side
Dabbler

Sorry to jump in on this one, but I am having similar problems.
It started when I phoned BT support with a query on my mobile contract and they did a review of my package with them. My previous package had expired and they offered and I accepted another 12 contract which at the time I was happy with. However on reviewing it I found that I could get a better deal with Plusnet and cancelled the BT contract within the 14 day cooling off period. They confirmed the cancellation and gave me a SALES DSR REVERT reference.
I placed an order with Plusnet on 16/6, with a transfer date of 30/6. On 19/6 I had an email stating that my order had been cancelled - no explanation as to why. I spoke with customer support on 20/6 ( [CSA Removed]) who in formed me that my phone number had to be entered manually in the transfer request and a digit had been missed off which had resulted in the rejection. The order was resubmitted with the transfer now reset to 4/7. This order was then cancelled on 21/6.
The email to me just states that "We can confirm that your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled. With absolutey no explanation, my conclusion is that this is Plusnets fault, although I can see now from the community posts that it's probably not.
I am still waiting for a reponse from the support question I raised on 21/6.
If it is BT's fault and they have placed a CEASE order on the line, then how do I find this out and get it removed?
In the meantime I have received 2 letters plus a recorded message from BT saying that if I do leave I'll need to pay £199 fee for leaving.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name/s removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

17 REPLIES 17
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi @wood_side,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Please note that mentioning CSA's names is a big 'no-no' around here so expect a moderator to 'hit' your post rather firmly.

Yes sometimes PlusNet do make mistakes with orders which leads to BTw / BTOR rejections.  Hopefully a staffer will pick this topic up soon and explain what is happening.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wood_side
Dabbler

Just a quick follow up on this one. I've just spoken to BT and whilst they are still waiting for the cancellation of the new package to go through, they have stated categorically that there is no restriction at their end to stop the transfer going through. Is it possible to tell from Plusnets end exactly what the problem is?
This is becoming very frustrating and time consuming. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Split to it's own thread.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi, I've checked your order and it was cancelled by our suppliers due to an exception on the line.

We've updated the provisioning ticket on your account with further details of what the next steps are.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
wood_side
Dabbler

Thanks for your prompt response. Hopefully it will proceed smoothly now

wood_side
Dabbler

Sadly the saga continues. The phone and broadband orders were split and the phone transfer completed on 10 Jul, but the broadband remains outstanding. ( a total of 9 weeks since the order was placed).

I have Question #152125585 raised with Support and this is a summary of their feedback:-

24/6 Echat 296622726 revealed an exception has caused the order to cancel.

11/7 Broadband:3-407788472943

26/7 I have checked your orders today and can see that your Broadband order is delayed

28/7 They have advised that the reason for the delay was that there was a Loop exception raised which did not progress on our suppliers systems.

10/8 They have now raised a bridge case to ensure that your order progresses further

18/8 I have checked your order again today and have been advised by our suppliers that the bridge case is still open and being worked on. They are now escalating this and have asked us to check back again on 22/08/17.

I might be wrong, but I just get the impression that nobody is really taking ownership of this problem which is just being batted backwards and forwards.

@Townman I have read your response dated ‎28-04-2017 1:26 PM to the post raised by @miniman under Plusnet Community/Forum/Help with my Plusnet services/My Order/Order keeps being cancelled and suspect something similar may be happening here. I don't know what these technical terms mean (exceptions, loop exceptions, bridge case etc) and it may well be BT who is at fault, but it still reflects badly on Plusnet for not, on the face of it, pushing hard for a solution.

Sorry to rant on, but as you will have gathered - I'm not happy!

If any of you "Superusers" are able to put any pressure on then it would be much appreciated.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @wood_side,

Really disappointed to learn that you are still facing challenges.  First let me address some jargon where I can...

• Exceptions - euphemism for something went wrong in a way not anticipated
  • Loop Exceptions - either an exception specific to the phone line between your home and the exchange or the same exception keeps cropping up again and a again
  • Bridge case - a request from a supplier to BT asking that BT fix the issues with their systems / data which is causing the exception - unfortunately each bridge case has a 48 hour turn around and BT is only able to deal with the immediate problem - if fixing that exposes another (as often happens) it needs a new bridge case and its another 48 hours

In a number of areas, BTw / BTOR is not fit for purpose, letting down both their customers (CPs & ISPs) and the end user - YOU!  Unfortunately when things go wrong with BTw / BTOR they go wrong badly and Plusnet can only see the immediate obstacle to delivering the solution.

I will add this case to the SU escalation list.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wood_side
Dabbler

Hi @Townman,

Thanks for your reply.
I've been reading other posts this morning and came accross one of yours which said "Sadly a cease order from the current supplier will "trump" a migration (provide) order with a new supplier".
I've been speaking to BT quite a lot recently and finally got them to refund a £185 cancellation charge. I spoke to them again yesterday because I am still being charged by them for the full package - £47.49 (including line rental, which I am also paying to Plusnet) even though the phone transferred to Plusnet on 10 Jul. I am also being charged £8.99 for their "Unlimited Anytime Calls Add-on". They have refunded the charge for the Add-on, but said they could not cancel it (and I believe he said this but cannot be certain) because the account has a cease order on it and I would have to contact them again next month for a further refund.
I can get back to him on Monday to check this, but if true, could this be the reason the broadband is not transferring? If so how do I get the cease order removed?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi,

This needs confirmation from a staffer, but I believe the way forward is to ask your current supplier to lift their cease order so that the gaining supplier lead migration process can proceed as intended by the agreed industry processes.

wood_side
Dabbler

Spoken to BT again today and they say there is NOT a cease order on the line. So - fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

We're just waiting for an update from our suppliers on the order we've placed. Looks like it's stuck within their systems. Our provisioning team will follow up once we have more info. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wood_side
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf and thanks for responding.

I am really disappointed that today again nothing appears to have happened, except that the bridge case which was raised on 10/8 and was escalated on 18/8 has today been escalated to a higher team - whatever that means. I wonder what happens next -  will they escalate it to an even higher team?

On Friday when the support team are due to check again, it will be 10 weeks since the order was placed. I have just read the post by @jelv "Why I have left Plusnet" -  I wish that I had read it 10 weeks ago.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

In the absence of any details being disclosed it is difficult to know what the issue is, however given that there has been a number of escalations within BT (the service supplier to all ISPs) there is a fair chance that your experience might have been the same with any ISP.

Frankly when it comes to dealing with bridge cases BT is fairly delinquent. You might find a letter of complaint to the CEOs of BT Openreach, BT Wholesale and BT Group (courtesy copy to Andy Baker CEO Plusnet) might prod them in to sorting this out. Even by BT standards, 10 weeks is extreamly poor.

wood_side
Dabbler

I have been reading the post by @lizbartun - https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Order-keeps-getting-cancelled/m-p/1470758#M4017 and it prompted me to look at https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome and it came up with:

"There is currently a Broadband cease pending or in progress against this line. This cease is due to complete by 25th July 2017. This will not stop you ordering Broadband from a new supplier, but it will delay the provision of the new Broadband service."

Could this be something to do with the delay, even though the cease shoud have completed by 25th July?

@Townman. thank you for your comments. I will certainly think about complaining in the way that you suggest.

However It really should be Plusnet who are sorting this out. This is from the current Plusnet website https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/switch/

"Switching from BT is a breeze, and we’ll have you up and running in as little as 10 working days.

If you have a working phone line, then simply sign up to one of our packages and we’ll do the rest. Your broadband and phone will both be switched over in as little as 10 working days from the date of your order and your service won’t be interrupted. You don’t even have to contact BT, we’ll do all the hard work for you!"

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Post released from spam filter. Duplicate post removed.