Did you mean: 

Re: Fibre Broadband and Phone order

FIXED
Fisherspond

Phone order reference: OR0000010202XXX
Provisional phone number: 01270XXXXXX
Broadband order reference: 4-773325732XXX

I ordered Fibre Broadband + Phone on 30/1/19 and this was acknowledged and a switch over date of 13/2/19 was given.

Occasional checking on "Order Tracking" (last check was 4/2/19) showed "Sign Up" "Checking your Details" "Checking your Line" and "First Payment" were all ticked and green.Checking my bank showed first payment of £23.99 was taken on 1/2/19. So far all fine and just waiting for Equipment Delivery.

Today (5/2/19) received a call on answer machine from Tim Taylor stating he would email me. Reading email showed "Our Support Team have closed Question 187185763 with the comment shown below". (Didn't know a ticket had been raised!) The Ticket details show that Order was cancelled at 2.22pm today (5/2/19) with no detail of the problem. Ticket update at 5.51pm today (5/2/19) states  "I have now placed a simultaneous phone and broadband order for you and we will be able to confirm a committed date within the next 24 to 48 working hours".

I was obviously concerned that my 13/2/19 date is now in jeopardy, so checked on "Order Tracking" tonight and "Checking you Line" now has Problem symbol against it; and "First Payment" is blank!

Questions:-

1. How has my line been checked and proved OK and then suddenly has "a problem"?

2. First payment (£23.99) has been taken (1/2/19) and was recorded as such; why is it now not correctly recorded?

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) redacted personal information as it's a public forum

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

From what I can see our automated system had failed to process your order on this occasion when you signed up and we picked up your account today manually placing the order with our suppliers.

Unfortunately this will mean that your transfer date likely won't be the 13/02/2019 anymore as we need to give your previous provider 10 working days from the point that the order is confirmed in the supplier systems.

We'll confirm your transfer date within the next 24-48 hours though. I've updated your account to reflect that the order has been submitted with our suppliers so you should see things look a little differently via your side on the member centre.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. Let us know if you have any further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Fisherspond

Many thanks for your reply; but I must say I am not happy with the response! You appear to be blaming the "automated" order system for "failing to process the order on this occasion".

So was it a "manual system that processed the email, letter, phone text, and online confirmation of my order, confirmation of my switch over date, details of my username, confirmation of the details that would be required once I connect my router, etc. all that I have received. If it was "manual" then what was missed?

If all of this above was "automated" as part of the order then what has been forgotten to be ordered? and why did it miss it on just this order. If it is "an automated system" then wouldn't it "mess up" on every order!

Feel I'm being fobbed off with a "standard" customer service reply.

Fisherspond

Just (20:03 5/2/19) had an email from my current service provider stating they will be switching off my service on 20 Feb 2019. They appear to have processed your order (sent today?) and informed me.

Still awaiting your declaration of my switch over date!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Sorry that you feel I'm fobbing you off, I'm simply stating facts and being as open and transparent as possible. The system that processes the confirmation regarding your account is different to the one that places the order with Openreach.

Bearing in mind the amount of orders that go through our automated provisioning system on a daily basis, the ones that experience problems are a relatively very few but that's not to say we're shrugging our shoulders.

We're aware of this and we're working on improving the systems we have.

The system kicked out a support ticket on your account for us to pick up and manually place the order though I would've liked it to create the ticket sooner but it's likely that it was trying to progress the order in the background.

I can see you've since received confirmation from us of your activation date to be 20/2/2019.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet