cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Adsl to Fibre (VDSL) order progressing since 1st January 1970 - trouble ahead?

howmuchisthat
Hooked

Re: Adsl to Fibre (VDSL) order progressing since 1st January 1970 - trouble ahead?

I have the same showing on my account summary.

I am also supposed to be moving from Adsl to fibre.

I ordered on 17th Aug, received an email saying there was a problem with order which I thought was sorted, as 2 days later I received an email confirming order details and saying I was receiving it on 28th Aug (tomorrow)

Today received an email from 'provisioning' saying 11th Sept. Phone call to Plusnet confirmed 11th Sept was correct, and had been Sept 11th since order was placed! Not happy but cant do anything about it. Openreach blamed, but I'm not convinced that order was placed till today.

Hope you have better luck

3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Post split to its own topic for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @howmuchisthat,

I'm sorry you've had problems. I just wanted to check everything has progressed and been actioned as it should have been. I'm happy to say it has, though I can understand your concerns. 

When you contacted us there was an issue as you noted (that was our fault - when our system just didn't place it correctly and it was rejected). On 20th this was replaced and initially did have a completion of 28th August and then because of engineer availability it's been pushed back by our suppliers to the 11th. I've popped a snipping of the order progress below just to show it was placed on the date we advised.

howmuchisthat
Hooked

Looking at the 'My order' part of the forum, issues with Openreach failing to give reasonable timescales appears quite common recently. Are Plusnet kicking up a fuss via Ofcom, as your customers are suffering oor service which bounces back to you.