cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 25 days waiting for activation?

Jerrry

I signed up via uswitch on 10 Sep & was given an estimated switch date of 26 Sep. Having heard nothing back, I phoned up Customer Services today. After waiting for over half an hour, I was told nobody can help me due to data protection & I needed to provide a user name & password which I don't have since I never receive any welcome pack. When I tried to complain to the supervisor, I was told my file has been destroyed & she can't help me any further with no explanation given. Plusnet's complaint code of practice stated: "We aim to be number one for customer service." Given this I am totally mystified by the way I have been treated & the total lack of willingness to look into a problem that's been brought to their attention.

4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I needed to provide a user name & password which I don't have since I never receive any welcome pack.

You select your username and password during signup, this isn't something that you need the welcome pack for.

Can you PM me with the postcode you signed up under, as the only account linked to your email address is a very old one (which seems to be the one the call taker found).

Please send me a private message

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Posts split to their own thread for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for the postcode, unfortunately no new account has been signed up there so it appears that uSwitch didn't complete the process. It would need the signup going through again as at the moment no orders are in place.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

How were you given the estimated switch date - by email, web page or on the phone?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)